Mileage

Probably EVJames and Kate, I know their MG5 had done considerable mileage in a very short time.

I'm on 23k after 7 months, equates to about 1000 miles a working week, high enough for me.
Any issues or has everything gone well. You must be charging every night. Any reduction in battery performance do you think?

Any issues or has everything gone well. You must be charging every night. Any reduction in battery performance do you think?
Yup, charge to 100% every night and most days am using a rapid charger somewhere. Impossible to tell about the battery as I got the car in mid summer and it's now just coming out of winter. My mileage in Summer was an easy 215-220 depending on where I was driving, as the temperature dropped so did my range, to a low of 140 in minus temps.

My car is a leased company car and I don't expect to keep it past a couple of years so am probably not as finicky as others might be about battery upkeep.
Generally speaking I find the car very comfortable to drive. Having driven vans for many years (as my ears can attest) and being sometimes so tired at the end of the day I could hardly get out of the vehicle, this MG5 is a godsend. The only downside was the front tyres lasting only 17k miles, I've read elsewhere that it's not uncommon to have to change them early. The upside to that was getting a pair of Michelin Prima 4s that are just as quiet and grippier.

To be fair to me I'm not a speed demon, I blame crappy Highland roads.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom