miles pr kilowatt hour

sideways

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi every one. I took a drive in the country today to see how well I could get my MG EV to get as many miles to a kilowatt hour with my limited ownership, that is 16 days!
18 miles.
23 mph.
26 minutes.
4.6 miles/kwh.
I took a picture on my phone, if I can figure how to put it on here I will, also HVAC was off, eco mode on, regen 3.
Tyres about 33 psi
Route was south Bristol to Chew valley lakes if anyone knows? lots of hills!
I did not think it was possible to have such high miles per kilowatt hour in this car.

kevin

That’s really good, I’m getting about 4.2 miles per kWh at present, but my tire pressures are a lot higher about 42 from the dealer does that make a difference??

I was trying really hard to get that figure!
Thats really high Mark, I was thinking of putting 35 psi in each tyre, and I my do in the future?

Will lower the PSI and see what I get from there as I do drive pretty economically after years of owning a Volvo XC90.

Will lower the PSI and see what I get from there as I do drive pretty economically after years of owning a Volvo XC90.
Just put in 34 PSI (fluctuating between 33.6 and 34.2) to see how I get on and see how the miles per kWh stack up they were on 42.6 PSI.......from the dealer..

It’s positive that the high tyre pressures are set at the factory to prevent the tyres flat-spotting whilst in transit on the ship. The dealers are supposed to lower the pressures during the PDI.

So what happens if I leave them higher; my tires just wear unevenly?

Higher pressures will just give a slightly firmer ride. Arguably they will break away a little sooner at the extreme limit as well, but you'd have to be driving like a maniac to notice any difference!

Unless they are excessively high, you'll not see any uneven wear, certainly up to 15% higher than manufacturer spec. will be fine. I'd personally not run them more than 10% higher though.

Set mine yesterday to 34.2 and today at cold we’re 31 so will increase to 37 PSI later to take this in to account.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom