Mirrors to See Side Roads

jhunterwu

Established Member
Reaction score
I drive on two particular roads every day and I struggle to see if there are any cars

Are there any mirrors that can see difficult sideroads that I can attach to my car?

I'm following the arrows and find it really hard to see the box.

2021-08-20_14-18.png

I dont know of any, but I would always recommend turning and looking. I know some junctions are awkward but take your time and turn to look. If it’s safe and you are able pull squarer to the junction to get a better angle of view that can also help. Also observe as you approach to give you an indication of traffic flow If you are able. 🙂

I would always recommend turning and looking.
I don't know about the OP, but I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and it makes it very hard to turn my neck more than 45°. So I twist my whole body, but it's uncomfortable, and I often wish I had such mirrors as well. That's the only situation where my condition affects driving, and it only causes discomfort; safety is not compromised.

My GP has implied to me that such things are available, but I've been too lazy so far to chase it up.

I dont know of any, but I would always recommend turning and looking. I know some junctions are awkward but take your time and turn to look. If it’s safe and you are able pull squarer to the junction to get a better angle of view that can also help. Also observe as you approach to give you an indication of traffic flow If you are able. 🙂
I learnt to drive in a van and turning square on at junctions was the advice they gave.

Most of us don't do it but when driving up to a junction you should ALWAYS be square onto the junction lines this will enable you to see both ways and the lines are painted onto the road to ensure you can see both ways. Try it some time especially if you have trouble moving you neck it will make a lot of difference. This is how the Army taught me in 1973.

Frank

This might seem like a dumb question, but how are your mirrors normally set? Most folks I know seem to like a healthy chunk of the side of their car in the mirrors.

I normally set up with my head just brushing the glass in the side window, then set so the edge of the handle is just visible. For the other side, same idea, but with my head across to about even with the rear mirror. Get a far wider view doing that, and blind spots are almost totally gone in regular use. Do have to be aware of the limitations when reversing though, you don't get a view of the few inches around your vehicle without moving your head.

I put these on my MG3:

I'm a bit surpirsed that the MG ZS EV I took delivery of today now has embedded LED indicators linked to a computer linked to cameras/proximity detection to detect traffic in my blind spot AND STILL HAS FLAT MIRRORS!

Flat mirrors? I find the ZS door mirrors great and the blind spot detection also good.

I put these on my MG3:

I'm a bit surpirsed that the MG ZS EV I took delivery of today now has AND STILL HAS FLAT MIRRORS!
That's all it needs is flat mirrors as it has embedded LED indicators linked to a computer linked to cameras/proximity detection to detect traffic in my blind spot. :)
Why have a dog and bark yourself.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom