Mk 1 AC not work - Not 'known HVAC rheostat issue'

EssexJim

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All, to split from other AC not working threads.

Mk 1 January 2020 registered ZS Exclusive

The rheostat for the known HVAC issue was replaced under warranty about two years ago.

Car has been Main dealer serviced as per guidelines, last time January this year.

55k miles

Noted now with the warmer weather the AC does not cool at all.

Any advice on anything to check (Broken fuses? Anything else) before taking to the Dealer?

I'm sure you know this, but make sure it's not in Eco mode as it strips back the effectiveness of the aircon. Other than that, I can't help, sorry.

It's worth double checking the settings in the car as we found out if you use the remote fan ie the non AC one it switches AC off on the car

Thanks for the replies. Issue fixed thanks @N2STY . The issue was operator error. We were not turning on the frost symbol (A/C Button). Top picture with it off. Bottom one with it on.

All very embarrassing :(. At least it did not get pointed at the dealer.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 54
The ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) has a basic manual HVAC system, you therefore have to manually select the settings you require.
Gen 2 face lift models have a climate controlled system, but sometimes if you manually turn off the A/C the system can revert back to recirc mode.
Closing the flap that allows air to flow from the outside of the car into the cabin.
This can cause the windows of the car to misted up very quicklt.
If I remember correctly, the Gen1 has a manual selection switch ( with an amber warning light ) to indicate when recirc mode is in use or not.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom