( Most Dealers ) Know Nothing About Electric Cars !.

To be honest it takes a long time for dealers to know anything about any car. We had a leaf from 2012 and even now we know more about the cars than they do. Sadly most are just sales people who just know enough to sell the cars and then that's it. They may have driven it for a while to familiarise themselves with the car. Even the servicing people rely on scripts and screens.

To give you an example I was in my local Nissan dealership who we have taken our 2012 leaf car to for years for its servicing asked about a battery replacement and sales and servicing staff said it was round about £5000 but they would check. 2 days later the quote was emailed to me and came in at £22,300. No wonder they didn't call me.

To be honest it takes a long time for dealers to know anything about any car. We had a leaf from 2012 and even now we know more about the cars than they do. Sadly most are just sales people who just know enough to sell the cars and then that's it. They may have driven it for a while to familiarise themselves with the car. Even the servicing people rely on scripts and screens.

To give you an example I was in my local Nissan dealership who we have taken our 2012 leaf car to for years for its servicing asked about a battery replacement and sales and servicing staff said it was round about £5000 but they would check. 2 days later the quote was emailed to me and came in at £22,300. No wonder they didn't call me.
My MG ZS EV stopped working in York, RAC came and and had a look, but only checked 12v battery, they then took to local MG dealer in York , they were too busy to look at it, RAC then brought it back to my local dealer, two weeks later, it was ready and I was told the 12v battery was low so they charged it and now all was OK. I could have done that if I knew how low it had to to be before it fails, but no one knows, the RAC mechanic said it was 12.3v two days after back home my local dealers mechaninc said he had checked the 12v battery all was fine, but two weeks later it was the 12v battery. I think I will put in on charge at least once a week just to make sure.

To give you an example I was in my local Nissan dealership who we have taken our 2012 leaf car to for years for its servicing asked about a battery replacement and sales and servicing staff said it was round about £5000 they would check. 2 days later the quote was emailed to me and came in at £22,300. No wonder they didn't call me.
Have you booked the car in?

My MG ZS EV stopped working in York, RAC came and and had a look, but only checked 12v battery, they then took to local MG dealer in York , they were too busy to look at it, RAC then brought it back to my local dealer, two weeks later, it was ready and I was told the 12v battery was low so they charged it and now all was OK. I could have done that if I knew how low it had to to be before it fails, but no one knows, the RAC mechanic said it was 12.3v two days after back home my local dealers mechaninc said he had checked the 12v battery all was fine, but two weeks later it was the 12v battery. I think I will put in on charge at least once a week just to make sure.
If it happens again I would just put a new battery in and save a lot of hassle.

Budgens MG in Telford don't know shit from clay.
Three separate times it's been in to have a creaking sunroof fixed and after 10 weeks off the road in total they still haven't fixed it.

Try Cleevely Eva they do a cheaper battery replacement for the leaf

The day will come when we will take our EVs to PC World or mobile phone shops for service & Repair
as they are becoming more and more like personal computers & mobile phones.

The day will come when we will take our EVs to PC World or mobile phone shops for service & Repair
as they are becoming more and more like personal computers & mobile phones.
It's the same with all cars, ICE included.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom