Most suitable home charger?

Another oldie

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have just bought a preface lift MG5. We have 11 solar panels, but no battery storage. Currently we are on a Bulb variable rate tariff but get the rebate on what goes back into the grid. Apart from a regular fortnightly 100 mile journey we very largely do only a few short trips a week. I have charged up with our granny charger only a few times. The charger would be on the front of our property next to the shared drive. What charger should we go for? Apologies if the answer is obvious or a similar question has been asked before.

There are indeed numerous existing threads on this subject.
You may find the answer to your question with a search :)

I have just bought a preface lift MG5. We have 11 solar panels, but no battery storage. Currently we are on a Bulb variable rate tariff but get the rebate on what goes back into the grid. Apart from a regular fortnightly 100 mile journey we very largely do only a few short trips a week. I have charged up with our granny charger only a few times. The charger would be on the front of our property next to the shared drive. What charger should we go for? Apologies if the answer is obvious or a similar question has been asked before.
If your mileage is very low then you could try using a 'granny' EVSE to start with.
You can get some domestic 3 pin plug type that give you a choice of current (6A, 8A and 10A).
I have a Zappi 7kW EVSE that works well with solar panels.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom