Motor Fault - consult handbook

Hi. Can I ask what was changed that fixed the fault in the end. I appear to have the exact same issue, MG are being absolutely useless and the first MG garage I have taken it to, had a look and sent it away as they said they don't have time :/.

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced a similar problem that occurred with my car.

I am not able to tell you what actually fixed the problem with 100% certainty as the last action taken was as follows:
The last action proposed by MG Service Support was to remove the front dashboard and inspect all the cabling. The problem has not occurred again since this action was performed.

So, this may indicate that there was a connector issue, which was resolved during the cabling inspection (ie: removing and re-inserting cable connectors). I really couldn't say as no obvious problems were found.

Since that time (9th September 2021) the car has been fine. No issues.

I asked for a written summary from the dealership, which I have copied below:
Carried out diagnostic into customer fault. Multiple warnings on dash. BCM and CAN Gateway replaced. Fault still present. MG advised to clean all earth points and remove dash, seat, carpet and all interior trims. Check all connectors and pulled each pins on connectors. Built back up and tested.

I hope this helps.

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced a similar problem that occurred with my car.

I am not able to tell you what actually fixed the problem with 100% certainty as the last action taken was as follows:
The last action proposed by MG Service Support was to remove the front dashboard and inspect all the cabling. The problem has not occurred again since this action was performed.

So, this may indicate that there was a connector issue, which was resolved during the cabling inspection (ie: removing and re-inserting cable connectors). I really couldn't say as no obvious problems were found.

Since that time (9th September 2021) the car has been fine. No issues.

I asked for a written summary from the dealership, which I have copied below:
Carried out diagnostic into customer fault. Multiple warnings on dash. BCM and CAN Gateway replaced. Fault still present. MG advised to clean all earth points and remove dash, seat, carpet and all interior trims. Check all connectors and pulled each pins on connectors. Built back up and tested.

I hope this helps.
Crikey. I will share this info when I take mine in next week and hopefully it may help them along. Might not be the quick fix I was hoping for then :D. Thanks for sharing :)

A few questions for you.....
How often have you experienced the fault condition?
Is it an intermittent problem?
When the problem occurs can you hear a faint crackling noise coming from the infotainment speakers?
This faint noise from the speakers was a symptom that always occurred when the fault condition was present. It was like a pulsing "crackle" and it would happen as soon as you opened the car door and before the start button was pressed. If I heard this faint sound, then I knew the fault would happen when attempting to start the car.

Hi. Sorry for not replying. I didn't get a notification of this. It's permanent, it started one day and hasn't stopped since. No amount of disconnecting the battery of fault resetting makes any difference. No, there's no crackling from the speakers at all.

The car is now with MG and they are convinced it's the instrument cluster that's broken. They have ordered one and hopefully it arrives soon and fixes the issue...

Hi. Sorry for not replying. I didn't get a notification of this. It's permanent, it started one day and hasn't stopped since. No amount of disconnecting the battery of fault resetting makes any difference. No, there's no crackling from the speakers at all.

The car is now with MG and they are convinced it's the instrument cluster that's broken. They have ordered one and hopefully it arrives soon and fixes the issue...
I would say that the problem you have is a touch different, but shows the same fault condition. I'm sure they will find the problem and resolve the issue once and for all.

I've just experienced a problem which has caused me to call MG assistance. A Motor Fault was displayed on the dashboard in red. It also says consult handbook. The handbook says switch OFF and contact an authorised MG repairer. As I mentioned I have contacted MG assistance and I am currently awaiting recovery. Anyone had any experience of this fault.

View attachment 3392
I got this issue on my new mg4 2023

I got this issue on my new mg4 2023
Have you booked the car into an MG dealership to get the issue resolved? Is the problem intermittent or is a permanent fault? There was no simple fix in my case, but I documented what was performed at the dealership.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom