Moving from Android to iOS

sgt4hed

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Having spent the last 7 years on android I'm moving over to iOS again (last iPhone was the 7plus).

Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of the iSmart app and carplay integration, any teething g issues people have had would be great to hear about and any tips to make this transition as smooth as possible for me would be awesome.

Massive shabbas in advance

CarPlay, for the most part, works for me, although (as discussed before in other threads) the car appears to be very sniffy about the cable you’re using.

The app works as expected, I’ve never been able to get the trip planner to work but I’d never actually use it anyway.

Congratulations on making the jump (from a long term iSlut)

So I found the transition to be easier than expected, so easy it was a bit off putting and made me rethink my iSMART password…

I logged into the app on the new iPhone and I didn’t have to bind the app to the car, was able to unlock the car with the phone, activate the digital key, and start the car and drive off… is this normal? I thought you had to bind each device to the car… might be something people want to look at in terms of password strength for the iSMART app.

CarPlay was beautiful, far less glitchy than android auto and a better looking interface too.

It's the account that is bound not the phone as you have found out
Bit surprised you could use digital key with out 1st pairing up Bluetooth on your new phone

It's the account that is bound not the phone as you have found out
Bit surprised you could use digital key with out 1st pairing up Bluetooth on your new phone
Yeah so was I, it connected to the car straight away with no pairing needed whatsoever

Did you connect the the phone with a cable as part of carplay may automatically pair Bluetooth?

Did you connect the the phone with a cable as part of carplay may automatically pair Bluetooth?
Nope, used the digital key as soon as I signed into the app, first time the car saw the phone plugged in was after I used the digital key to get in and start the car

Nope, used the digital key as soon as I signed into the app, first time the car saw the phone plugged in was after I used the digital key to get in and start the car
This made me check and mine only works if Bluetooth is paired I can unlock with app but digital key will not work untill phone is paired with car
Did you use phone Clone by any chance as that would copy paired devices from one phone to another?
Screenshot_20221114_013512_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg

Last edited:
This made me check and mine only works if Bluetooth is paired I can unlock with app but digital key will not work untill phone is paired with car
Did you use phone Clone by any chance as that would copy paired devices from one phone to another?
View attachment 12731
Actually, now you come to mention it, I did use the iOS to android app on my old phone and I don’t remember needing to log into my home Wi-Fi either… I don’t think it copies paired devices though as I had to repair my Bluetooth headphones, and it didn’t bring across my wife’s car either…

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom