Mud flaps and boot liner

barryb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi everyone,
I’ve just picked up my HS PHEV and like others have noted it hasn’t come with the protection pack I ordered. Does anyone have a recommendation for mud flaps and a rubber boot liner here in the UK ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have ordered the below mud flaps just waiting on coming, see a boot mat on Istgram advertising which looked good costing £19.99 but had more expensive ones.

Attachments

• 67DF4CB3-5407-477C-A683-001B62CEE369.jpeg
    67DF4CB3-5407-477C-A683-001B62CEE369.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 215
Hi everyone,
I’ve just picked up my HS PHEV and like others have noted it hasn’t come with the protection pack I ordered. Does anyone have a recommendation for mud flaps and a rubber boot liner here in the UK ?
Found it again

Attachments

• 6EEDCC88-0401-43CA-B612-283E63755DA4.png
    6EEDCC88-0401-43CA-B612-283E63755DA4.png
    648.2 KB · Views: 228
My dealer had in stock PHEV flaps and boot liner (I got the last one) so it may be worth checking other dealers as they may have a set getting dusty on a shelf?

Hi
be carful may just be for HS and not HSPHEV like your mat.
Hi Jto
Be interesting to see, I have not come across ABS that is as flexible cold as they are shown. ABS is mouldable when hot enough but normally solidifies when cool.
Let us know when you have fitted them.
I would advise not to follow the installation instructions to the letter: :unsure:

[Installation] Insert it into the side of the car tire. o_O

Mats, dealer will check when I next go over and will replace. Probably next week.

Thanks everyone, I’ve dropped a question to the car mat and mud flap provider asking them to confirm if they fit the PHEV, when I spoke to an MG garage that was advertising they had mud flaps in stock they told me they were different part codes for the PHEV and standard HS and the ones they had in stock were for the normal HS despite their listing saying they were also for the PHEV. Will let everyone know if they answer me, or please et me know when the ones people have ordered arrive of they fit ok

I’ve just received the mudflaps I ordered for my HS PHEV from MG HS FRONT & REAR MUDFLAP SET OF 4 FIT ALL HS MODELS "NEW PRODUCT FROM US" UK | eBay

They do fit ok and it’s taken me about 30mins to install them. I didn’t take the wheels off but you will need a very low profile stubby Philips screwdriver or an offset driver.
Rear ones were first and went on OK. I managed to drill an extra hole for the 3rd screw to go into and they seem solid.

The front ones I just turned the wheels to give me some space but there is a small problem with the front flaps. The top fixing is a stud not a screw, see photos and isn’t long enough to go back in with the mudflap fitted. I left these in as fitted and drilled an extra hole for the screw fixing just below it. Overall pretty straightforward and look good.
F67836BD-A4DE-4740-9D2D-98A931E3195D.jpeg
6AA41EB6-9EAC-430E-AF84-3FFF931D5D57.jpeg

I have a spare set of anyone is interested? They have a small rip to the front flap hole but are still ok, I could sell them for £20?

Put an advert in the classifieds :)
There isn't a dedicated section for the HS so it will be OK to use either the ZS or MG5 one.
No selling discussion in this thread please (y)

Hi everyone,
Hi,I bought a set of four mudflaps from AliExpress cost me about £15 delivered, perfect fit and look fine, all holes in correct places.

I've just ordered a set of these mudflaps from AliExpress. I tried to add a set to my new car order from MG but apparently they don't do them anymore.
It seems a bit of a penny pinching exercise by MG to do away with something that will help protect your paintwork from all the mud and stones for years.

Having been enlightened about AliExpress on another thread, I am going to dive in and grab some of the mud flaps. Was gutted when the ordered protection pack was not fitted. I also rather the like the step/side rails. Have ordered a little decal type thing to test delivery etc

My boot liner came from Ebay for £25, a rubber one with carpet back.
Very happy with it although it did stink of rubber for a week or so.

I found the rear carpet to be very prone to marking and not very hard wearing, even after light use so the liner protects that nicely.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom