Mud flaps worth getting? Does it affect range?

I have them, they protect the side of the car so well my mate mentioned it. They fit well, but have no MG logo on and are expensive.

We ordered mudflaps with our car and it was delivered with them fitted. No sign of an additional charge for fitting.
Dealer was Gillanders of Peterhead, Aberdeenshire. Very pleasant to deal with.
Cheers
Keith

We ordered mudflaps with our car and it was delivered with them fitted. No sign of an additional charge for fitting.
Dealer was Gillanders of Peterhead, Aberdeenshire. Very pleasant to deal with.
Cheers
Keith
Same as Keith said, 600 miles done now and the mud flaps if anything help keep the back of the car cleaner, they have not reduced my range and the dealer fitted prior to delivery, no fitting charge.

15 min job to fit them..dumpy Phillips screwdriver is all you need. I bought the proper MG one's..as you know they will fit.

Ultimately you would probably want to change the screws for stainless one's...just a few quid on ebay.

Do they effect range? Yes of course they would....slightly.....if you had sufficiently sensitive instruments to measure them...in laboratory conditions!

15 min job to fit them..dumpy Phillips screwdriver is all you need. I bought the proper MG one's..as you know they will fit.

Ultimately you would probably want to change the screws for stainless one's...just a few quid on ebay.

Do they effect range? Yes of course they would....slightly.....if you had sufficiently sensitive instruments to measure them...in laboratory conditions!
Ye if it's a few miles doesn't matter does it. MG will fit them before I get the car so might as well get them

Are additional holes required to be drilled, or do they screw directly into existing?

No extra holes required if you have the genuine ones.......the slight issue (with mine) where, there are extra long screws need fitting (supplied) but unlike the original screws...they went rusty very shortly after fitting.
I agree about the extra weight.....lockdown syndrome :rolleyes:

£12 from Ali express, no difference to the genuine mg ones, take about 20 mins to fit with the screws provided.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210221-093043_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20210221-093043_AliExpress.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 206
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom