Mud flaps worth getting? Does it affect range?

Mud flaps worth getting? Does it affect range?
My car came with mudflaps so I can't compare it with cars without. They don't appear to save the side of the car from mud spray though which is very noticeable on my black MG. The rear contours of the car are badly designed too as the slightest moisture on the road gets picked up and plastered all over the rear end obscuring the view through the rear window.

My car came with mudflaps so I can't compare it with cars without. They don't appear to save the side of the car from mud spray though which is very noticeable on my black MG. The rear contours of the car are badly designed too as the slightest moisture on the road gets picked up and plastered all over the rear end obscuring the view through the rear window.
Yes I agree - but most suv style cars suffer with this. The rear wiper is an essential bit of kit!

That's not for the MG5 though is just?
Agree there not for an MG5, I didn't check compatibility I just helped with getting the link that someone was trying to post, MG supplied and fitted mine.

I wonder if these are the ones?

Looks like the ones, until they arrive and you try to fit them that's when you know if they are ok.
It's the chance you take.

Saw these on eBay.
Don’t know what they are like, other than cheap.
I like the MG logo on them but as they are universal don’t know how well they would fit.
I guess you take your chances at that price.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the mud flaps on my 5 as a dealer fit. Anecdotally, they appear to make a significant difference in keeping the sides of the car less dirty, despite them being so small they don't look like they'll do anything. They're not 100% effective, but the car seems to get less dirty than my Honda Civic.

I can't tell whether mud flaps affect range. If they do, it's negligible.

I hope this helps.

I have the mud flaps on my 5 as a dealer fit. Anecdotally, they appear to make a significant difference in keeping the sides of the car less dirty, despite them being so small they don't look like they'll do anything. They're not 100% effective, but the car seems to get less dirty than my Honda Civic.

I can't tell whether mud flaps affect range. If they do, it's negligible.

I hope this helps.
The mud flaps shield behind the wheels at speed and I don't think they would significantly impact the drag coefficient or to a point that you would notice a difference.

I agree that they do help with keeping the car clean though(y)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom