Muddled by mud flaps

Valiant5

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick query, as there have been quite a few mentions of mud flaps on here, but none with a solution to my problem.

I've just received a set of the Ali Express mud flaps mentioned on here a few weeks ago, but fitting the front right one is proving nigh impossible. There's a recess in the wheel arch which part of the flap is supposed to fit into, but the flap protrusion (can't think of another word!) seems to be too wide to fit into it. I haven't tried the front left but it looks a little too wide, too.

Has anyone managed to fit these? I'd be interested to know if you had a similar experience or maybe had to do a bit of trimming?. So far I have managed to fit the rear right flap with no problems.

The flaps are actually for the Roewe 5 but people have said they fit the MG.

Can't help with the version you bought but the official ones look like this:

flaps.jpg

I've fitted the ei5 ones, mine look the same as the ones in the above picture, obviously could be different to the ones you bought, mine were about £20, notch in arch liner matched the flap, you need longer screw to fit back in though, the ones supplied were too short as is the one you remove.
That's all I have to say about that.

I've fitted the ei5 ones, mine look the same as the ones in the above picture, obviously could be different to the ones you bought, mine were about £20.
Can you post a link? I was about to order in time for my new mg5 arriving in November.

I've fitted the ei5 ones, mine look the same as the ones in the above picture, obviously could be different to the ones you bought, mine were about £20, notch in arch liner matched the flap, you need longer screw to fit back in though, the ones supplied were too short as is the one you remove.
That's all I have to say about that.
Thanks. Sounds like the same ones I have. I'll have a go with the left front and see if that fits any better, with a longer screw.

The right rear fitted ok, didn't need to remove the wheel as I have a right angle screw driver. Seem to remember someone else saying the UK 5 has only two screw holes, although there are three in the flap, but it feels secure enough

Thanks. Sounds like the same ones I have. I'll have a go with the left front and see if that fits any better, with a longer screw.

The right rear fitted ok, didn't need to remove the wheel as I have a right angle screw driver. Seem to remember someone else saying the UK 5 has only two screw holes, although there are three in the flap, but it feels secure enough
Yeah they came with the 90⁰ screwdriver, two screws are fine, hold it perfectly well, don't need to remove any wheels to fit, front or back, I didn't use any of the supplied screws though, they were either the same as the ones already in or too short in the case of the fronts.

Yep got mine fitted too. Excellent job 👍🏼 Had to Find my 6mm socket to remove the original 2 front recessed screws & one of the longer replacements needed a bit of fiddling about to get it started but really pleased. Thanks everyone 😁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom