Mudflaps

Anyone know if the gen1 mudflaps fit the gen2? I filched the mudflaps off our gen1 before it went off to Cazoo but haven't had a chance to look properly yet...

Thank you @mokey I have seen a similar ones but wasn't sure if they would fit. Did the holes in the mudflaps fit the ones on the car? The description of the similar mudflaps I have seen said that the holes might not be aligned.

@SparkyEV Gen 2 back bumper has a different design to gen 1, it is not round on each end.

Thank you @mokey I have seen a similar ones but wasn't sure if they would fit. Did the holes in the mudflaps fit the ones on the car? The description of the similar mudflaps I have seen said that the holes might not be aligned.

@SparkyEV Gen 2 back bumper has a different design to gen 1, it is not round on each end.
I believe so, for this reason I did not remove the MG mud flaps from my Gen1 to use on our Gen 2.
I think somebody did mention that you can get the rear Gen 1 flaps to fit on the Gen 2 but some fettling is required.
I think the front ones are a straight fit, but can’t be 100% sure.

Hi Landi just got my car on Monday but not fitted yet the garage we’re going to put them on for me next week for free they owe me a few favours , however just offered them up to the car and silly me has ordered the wrong ones these are pre facelift that I’ve purchased, its my mistake just looked again and there is 2 photographs when you order , it clearly shows you pre facelift by small thumb nail photograph & facelift model see photographs , circle around the headlight and bonnet ,will re order and sell on the ones I’ve bought locally , same price same seller.

Attachments

• DAC9AECB-C02D-42A1-A524-4AB15CA4AC90.jpg
    DAC9AECB-C02D-42A1-A524-4AB15CA4AC90.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 5938DEA7-0595-4092-BE3B-3EF3F43AE6D1.jpg
    5938DEA7-0595-4092-BE3B-3EF3F43AE6D1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 123
Ali express good price good delivery. Fixing screws rust easily so I purchased black stainless Steel. Solved the problem problem.
Yes that’s where I got mine from , good tip on the screws will do the same , did all the holes line up perfectly with the car ? What length were the screws , read on here somewhere they are a bit short ? Cheers.

Bought an offset screw driver attachment fromm toolstation so I didn't have to remove rear wheels to fit, screws already in position holding trim line up but need two holes for fronts. I used a bradawl screws were 17mm, couldn't get button head so I used black stainless surface screw cup Washers.

All fitted in 15 min.

Bought an offset screw driver attachment fromm toolstation so I didn't have to remove rear wheels to fit, screws already in position holding trim line up but need two holes for fronts. I used a bradawl screws were 17mm, couldn't get button head so I used black stainless surface screw cup Washers.

All fitted in 15 min.
Thank you most helpful 👍🏻😊

Hi Landi just got my car on Monday but not fitted yet the garage we’re going to put them on for me next week for free they owe me a few favours , however just offered them up to the car and silly me has ordered the wrong ones these are pre facelift that I’ve purchased, its my mistake just looked again and there is 2 photographs when you order , it clearly shows you pre facelift by small thumb nail photograph & facelift model see photographs , circle around the headlight and bonnet ,will re order and sell on the ones I’ve bought locally , same price same seller.
Perfect, thank you for this. I'll make sure I get the right ones.

When putting holes onto the bodywork should I be using some sort of rust inhibitor afterwards?

When putting holes onto the bodywork should I be using some sort of rust inhibitor afterwards?
I would consider using some high quality stainless steel screws to be honest.
The screws that came in the original OEM kit from MG where only mild steel and began to rust within a few short weeks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom