Multiple errors

Prof1967

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So on the top of my charging issues I am now getting multiple errors regarding EPS, hill hold etc.

I can see other owners have had similar issues.

I’ve tried the 10mm spanner option but hasn’t worked so I’m now waiting on MG assist.

Called them and was advised that my dealer Drive Bristol hasn’t renewed the cover following my last service. They are still coming out but I need to call the dealer to get them to update MG Assist.

What a mess! You have my deepest sympathy for your predicament (not that that is really helpful).

Is yours the pre- or facelift model? I'm guessing the pre-.

As to your dealer not renewing your MG Assist cover; that is perhaps the worst aspect of what is happening! Why should you have to call/remind the dealer to do what is a standard part of the service? Mine had its first service last week and one thing the dealer specifically told me was that they had automatically renewed my cover.

Hopefully, they will, at least, apologise for their considerable oversight.

Let us know the outcome of all this, please.

AA man disconnected the battery for 10 minutes then took the car for a drive which cleared faults.

Offered to take it to the local MG dealer but they advised they would not be able to look at the car for 3-4 weeks. Also under the MG assist they only provide a courtesy car for 2 days. Decided to book it in with the dealer in my own time and get the charging issue looked at at the same time.

Will phone them later and asking them to get the MG assist cover reinstated asap.

The multiple errors come on when you start the car after disconnecting the 12v and they don't go away until you drive the car then "turn the ignition off". So may be unrelated to other issues.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom