My 1st InstaVolt issue......

Stuwit46

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Yesterday I was on a 190 mile round trip, so I decided to top up for 10 mins in the morning at 55% to ensure a comfortable 70mph trip home. I plugged in, popped to the shop to get a breakfast roll, ate it and decided to stop the charge. First Touch screen button “stop charging” no problem, the second “are you sure” button would not react to my press, tap, touch, dab or any other pressing including jabbing, long press, not so long press etc. Last resort was to call the number and waiting around 2 mins whilst the customer service agent located me I was “released“ adding a few more miles and costing a few more pennies? The issue was further annoying when a Jaguar i-pace Driver told me that his car can release itself 🙄. Anyone else have this issue?

Yesterday I was on a 190 mile round trip, so I decided to top up for 10 mins in the morning at 55% to ensure a comfortable 70mph trip home. I plugged in, popped to the shop to get a breakfast roll, ate it and decided to stop the charge. First Touch screen button “stop charging” no problem, the second “are you sure” button would not react to my press, tap, touch, dab or any other pressing including jabbing, long press, not so long press etc. Last resort was to call the number and waiting around 2 mins whilst the customer service agent located me I was “released“ adding a few more miles and costing a few more pennies? The issue was further annoying when a Jaguar i-pace Driver told me that his car can release itself 🙄. Anyone else have this issue?
So, did the customer service guy at Instavolt have to “Stop” the charge remotely, before you could unplug then Stu ?.
Did you ask him if there had been any other instances reported at this unit ?.

So, did the customer service guy at Instavolt have to “Stop” the charge remotely, before you could unplug then Stu ?.
Did you ask him if there had been any other instances reported at this unit ?.
Yes, he activated the disconnect and no I didn’t ask as I’d expect him to say no, being an employee of the service. 😊

The fact that the agent was able to stop the charge, but not you Stu, may imply that the card reader was not reading the card correctly for some strange reason ?.

Last edited:
May be wrong here but if you lock and unlock the car, the unlock will allow you to release at the car end. You should hear the unlocking mechanism move.

May be wrong here but if you lock and unlock the car, the unlock will allow you to release at the car end. You should hear the unlocking mechanism move.
Ah, good point.....I was in the car unlocked whilst eating my roll. Maybe I should have locked and unlocked. I think it would have still carried on charging 🤔

Touch screens can go faulty, particularly if they are pressed in the same place all the time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom