My EHS so far

mjhduncker

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all,

My name is Mark and i am from the Netherlands new here on this forum. (for give if my English is not correct)
My MG EHS White, Luxury and red leather was delivered at the end of april this year and i have driven it now about a 3500 km.

As a car hobbyist owning 2 Mercedes, one young and one old timer and build one up from the base i also will try to give some input for other members.

So far a few questions and findings came up and i hope to share them here on this forum.

My findings until today :

Operating issues
  • When locking the car the sun roof is not closing
  • Traffic sign speed limit detection bad recognition mostly on highway (interstate)
  • When the traffic sign start blinking gray and the intelligent speed limiter is on, unable to use the throttle anymore.
  • Follow me home lights, i had to reconfigure it to get it working
  • Slow performance on the multimedia system and volume buttons
  • Have to wait until the car boots up before driving else the parking brake wont release. can do manual
  • Charging keeps waiting for connection, this is a hardware problem because the charging port wont lock the cable
  • A few driving aid functions like charging or speed limit will reset to default after a restart
  • A lot of times i have to press functions twice to activate like lane assist.
  • Android car becomes active after connecting the (Samsung) phone for two or three times
  • Volume input lower using the android auto, have to lower the volume every time after disconnecting the phone.
  • Multi Media system slow and bad response from the volume buttons
  • Trunk not always closing in the lock
  • Trunk not able to operate after long time open, or long time open and the car is shut off.
  • Very low resolution of the camera's
  • Passenger front seed in not in height adjustable. This can be a problem for a large person.
  • No audio warning for the blind spot warning, everything wil bleep in the car except that.

Driving issues
  • In full EV mode the car stalls while shifting between 60 - 70 Km/u for a good two seconds, higher speed not tested.
  • Howling sound in full EV from the electric engine or the gearbox of the electric engine, this is so loud it is overruling the sound generator
The wining seem less in the second gear of the electric engine. Very annoying when driving low speed trough the neighborhood
- First startup in the morning and driving low speed hybrid mode trough our neighborhood (because of the speed limit), the gearbox shift badly, so bad it feels like a
miss fire in the engine. Giving more torque the problem is gone. I think also here it is a bad management of the shifting software.
- Multiple times a low 12V battery warning

Positive issues :)

• Fuel economy 3500 Km driven and used a 4.4 L / 100Km
  • Battery range, i a got a 73 km out of it. I will post a picture later.
  • Driving and handling in general
  • Design and for now the finish of the car
  • MG Pilot, adaptive cruise control, lane assist works great
  • Sound system after upgrade by the dealer and a lot of tweaking.

Rgds Mark

Operating issues
  • When locking the car the sun roof is not closing

Try pressing the lock button for 6sec. (I think not actually tried it)

• When the traffic sign start blinking gray and the intelligent speed limiter is on, unable to use the throttle anymore.

Try pushing hard down on the throttle, I think full throttle bypasses it, then you can ease of and use throttle until you drop below limit again.

• Have to wait until the car boots up before driving else the parking brake wont release. can do manual
I maybe not as quick as you, but I've definitely driven off, while the screen is still starting.
My procedure, is Start Button, Seat Belt, Drive.

• Charging keeps waiting for connection, this is a hardware problem because the charging port wont lock the cable

Yes I've found this occasionally on some cables, I think the weight of the cable, pulls the cable down just enough to prevent locking, I've been playing, and I think holding the cable in while it starts charging solves the problem.

• A few driving aid functions like charging or speed limit will reset to default after a restart
I think it is a safety thing, so that you don't get in the car, and forget it want's to do something for you.

• A lot of times i have to press functions twice to activate like lane assist.
Not had that one yet.
  • Android car becomes active after connecting the (Samsung) phone for two or three times
I use a Xiamoi and when plugged in, it sometimes drops the link, however I believe it could be the cable, but as yet I've not got a replacement to test it.
  • Multi Media system slow and bad response from the volume buttons
It might be personal perception, but I think the steering wheel buttons react faster than, the dash ones.
  • Trunk not always closing in the lock
Not sure I understand this one, you can't open the boot if the car is locked, using the keyfob, but the button on the boot works??

• Trunk not able to operate after long time open, or long time open and the car is shut off.
Possible the electrics have gone to sleep??

• No audio warning for the blind spot warning, everything wil bleep in the car except that.
Hadn't really noticed it, but yes, would be useful, a good beep and flash, when the indicators are on, might be useful.
Driving issues
  • In full EV mode the car stalls while shifting between 60 - 70 Km/u for a good two seconds, higher speed not tested.
Yes I get it at 45-50mph
  • Howling sound in full EV from the electric engine or the gearbox of the electric engine, this is so loud it is overruling the sound generator
And yet, people still walk infront of you when your driving slowly on a quiet road.

- Multiple times a low 12V battery warning
Not had any, possibly double check your 12v battery when it happens, it's easy enough to get to, under the boot floor.

Positive issues :)

• Fuel economy 3500 Km driven and used a 4.4 L / 100Km
  • Battery range, i a got a 73 km out of it. I will post a picture later.
  • Driving and handling in general
  • Design and for now the finish of the car
  • MG Pilot, adaptive cruise control, lane assist works great
  • Sound system after upgrade by the dealer and a lot of tweaking.

What was the sound system upgrade?

Try pushing hard down on the throttle, I think full throttle bypasses it, then you can ease of and use throttle until you drop below limit again.

I maybe not as quick as you, but I've definitely driven off, while the screen is still starting.

Yes I've found this occasionally on some cables, I think the weight of the cable, pulls the cable down just enough to prevent locking, I've been playing, and I think holding the cable in while it starts charging solves the problem.

I think it is a safety thing, so that you don't get in the car, and forget it want's to do something for you.

Not had that one yet.

I use a Xiamoi and when plugged in, it sometimes drops the link, however I believe it could be the cable, but as yet I've not got a replacement to test it.

It might be personal perception, but I think the steering wheel buttons react faster than, the dash ones.

Not sure I understand this one, you can't open the boot if the car is locked, using the keyfob, but the button on the boot works??

Hadn't really noticed it, but yes, would be useful, a good beep and flash, when the indicators are on, might be useful.

Yes I get it at 45-50mph

And yet, people still walk infront of you when your driving slowly on a quiet road.

Not had any, possibly double check your 12v battery when it happens, it's easy enough to get to, under the boot floor.

Hi tnx for the response,

- I know the function to hold down lock button on the key to close all windows and sun roof, but with my old Mercedes when turn off the ignition the sunroof automatically closes. This function not working is a great risk, if you forget one time to close the roof and you have a rain shower you are in for a lot of electrical issues

- Pushing down on the throttle wont help, there is no speed limit because the sign is blinking gray no speed detected.

- Correct steering wheel buttons react faster.

Close the boot, buttons dont respond any more even with power on the car. I have manually to push the boot down.

- The dealer replaced all the speakers and installed a sub woofer. Brand Focal

Not had that one yet.

Yes I get it at 45-50mph

I have to agree with dragonfly on the responses given.
Also o improve the sound quality turn off sound stage, Its in the Audio settings next to the EQ settings

I have to agree with dragonfly on the responses given.
Also o improve the sound quality turn off sound stage, Its in the Audio settings next to the EQ settings
Yep, tried everything in the sound system. turned also off the 3d sound setting this give a more natural sound and in combination with the Focal speakers it is fine not perfect.
The best results i get using Spotify on Android car.

where did you upgrade the soundsystem i want to do that as well, for at least i want a subwoofer in it. and was it expensive to do?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom