Stumiskin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have just completed my first 1000 miles in an EV having part exchanged my revised shape top of the range 1.0 petrol ZS for an ex-showroom MG5 Excite long range (old shape). To say I am impressed is an understatement! I initially only went to the MG dealer out of curiosity about EV's, not with any intention of buying, but a test run in one immediately impressed me and the wife. I am aware that the old shape is not to everybody's taste, but to me it is great looking (might be due to my age and cars I have been used to in the past).
Driving it is so pleasurable and relaxing now that I have got used to the charging situation and the need to plan ahead, but a trip to Whitby and back (100 miles each way) proved effortless and a backup plan in case one public charger did not work proved it's worth. I could probably easily have done it on one full charge from home but didn't want to push things until I really got to know the vehicle.
We had a choice of the Excite with just 30 miles on the clock or an Exclusive with a few thousands on it, but chose the Exciite after finding that in our top of the range ZS the 'leather' seats can be quite sweat-enducing, and as for getting in on a hot sunny day!!!!! Plus we found it quite a hard ride with lots of road noise.
What do I miss on the MG5, perhaps the blind spot warning in the mirror, but that is about all, the Excite seems to have everything else plus things that the ZS did not have. Overall (in case you haven't guessed) I am absolutely delighted with the car. And it looks as if I can achieve the 250 miles er charge with the type of driving I do.

The only thing I wish my MG5 Excite had was heated wing mirrors.
I have had mine for 2.5 years and done 41k miles.
I am just waiting for a second hand one to come up as I would buy love to buy another one for my wife.

I’ve got a 21’ exclusive and it boggles my mind with the amount of tech and gadgets it has but no blind spot monitoring , that should be or pretty much is already factory standard on modern cars. Apart from that, I couldn’t agree with you more. Great car.

I have just completed my first 1000 miles in an EV having part exchanged my revised shape top of the range 1.0 petrol ZS for an ex-showroom MG5 Excite long range (old shape). To say I am impressed is an understatement! I initially only went to the MG dealer out of curiosity about EV's, not with any intention of buying, but a test run in one immediately impressed me and the wife. I am aware that the old shape is not to everybody's taste, but to me it is great looking (might be due to my age and cars I have been used to in the past).
Driving it is so pleasurable and relaxing now that I have got used to the charging situation and the need to plan ahead, but a trip to Whitby and back (100 miles each way) proved effortless and a backup plan in case one public charger did not work proved it's worth. I could probably easily have done it on one full charge from home but didn't want to push things until I really got to know the vehicle.
We had a choice of the Excite with just 30 miles on the clock or an Exclusive with a few thousands on it, but chose the Exciite after finding that in our top of the range ZS the 'leather' seats can be quite sweat-enducing, and as for getting in on a hot sunny day!!!!! Plus we found it quite a hard ride with lots of road noise.
What do I miss on the MG5, perhaps the blind spot warning in the mirror, but that is about all, the Excite seems to have everything else plus things that the ZS did not have. Overall (in case you haven't guessed) I am absolutely delighted with the car. And it looks as if I can achieve the 250 miles er charge with the type of driving I do.
Welcome to the (old shape) MG5 Excite club :cool: Got mine nearly two years ago and so far been a great car.
And yes you can get 250 miles if you drive her carefully, depending on time of the year ;)

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom