My new EV

PeteJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I took delivery of my MG ZS EV early in Feb this year and have only done 400 miles with many being due to having to return to the dealer to have a new tyre pressure sensor replaced and reset the electronics to enable me to use WhatsApp on my phone. Both of us hate the loud beeping which occurs after start-up, my wife has Asperger's syndrome and the noise really upsets her, but I am told that nothing can be done about it. I get irritated when I accidently touch the very sensitive button on the end of the indicator switch, which turns on the lane line warning and then does not allow me to go back to my favourite centre screen, the speed in digital form. It seems to me that the programming of the software has been very poorly done. Apart from these points I love the car, finding it well built and comfortable. I have only done relatively short journeys, so cant comment on the range but it is looking OK at the moment.

Hi PeteJ,
Welcome to the club, albeit I’m still waiting on mine to be delivered, early April I’ve been told. I think from most comments on here the vehicle is going through teething problems, you get this with any new car, more particularly when it’s a complete new model, but it’s all about the MG service response in dealing with the issues, have they been responsive?
I trust that they will deal with your concerns and hopefully make the vehicle better for all, including the bongs that I’m sure someone said they are working on....
All the best

Thanks Mark
The service department were not very helpful at the start. I had to drive 36 miles to them, only to be told that I would have to leave the car all day. However, after some strong conversations they gave me a courtesy car. It seems that they were learning on the job. Perhaps this is a problem in buying a low volume production car.

I suppose so, but let’s hope they learn from these problems and correct them rapidly I wish you all the best with your future motoring as the car is still really good value compared to other much smaller EV’s, at least it has the 7 year warranty.

I read somewhere, maybe on this forum, that a member had disconnected the "Bong" speaker wire in an effort to reduce the noise issue. I suspect this may be an unapproved mod frowned upon by MG. Hoping that MG will be addressing the issue of the incessant bongs :) with a software update!

Last edited:
I can only recommend everyone to really annoy the dealer about bing and bong (and also non exisiting online connectivity), only if enough owners are annoyed and put pressure on it will something happen. Disconnecting the cable also eliminates the problem, but for many it is not the solution.

I can only recommend everyone to really annoy the dealer about bing and bong (and also non exisiting online connectivity), only if enough owners are annoyed and put pressure on it will something happen. Disconnecting the cable also eliminates the problem, but for many it is not the solution.

Is there an email address for the main MG customer services or is it just the local dealerships only to highlight drivers concerns and requests?

What cable do you disconnect to get rid of the bongs??

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom