Got this yesterday it was a cancle order just had it tinted its the trophy LR

Attachments

• IMG_8680.JPG
    IMG_8680.JPG
    644.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_8683.JPG
    IMG_8683.JPG
    531.4 KB · Views: 254
Nice - waiting on our silver LR Trophy, ETA two weeks - fancy tints too but need to figure out where to go to have it done since we live out in the sticks….not sure if the products vary much in quality.

Edit: added more detail

Last edited:
We got a silver one as well due to a cancelled order in June, had ordered a red one in March, but seems pretty clear we'd probably still be waiting for that. Overall very pleased with the car. A few minor quibbles, not faults as such, more along the lines of "why would they do it like that"? e.g.:
  • why does the radio not switch off when you exit the car?
  • why is it not easier to stop a charge before complete, apparently it was on the Gen 1?
  • why is the infotainment system so fiddly to use?
A few other things along the same lines, not exactly life or death, just mildly annoying but could probably be sorted out with software updates? As I said though, overall very pleased so far.

We got a silver one as well due to a cancelled order in June, had ordered a red one in March, but seems pretty clear we'd probably still be waiting for that. Overall very pleased with the car. A few minor quibbles, not faults as such, more along the lines of "why would they do it like that"? e.g.:
  • why is it not easier to stop a charge before complete, apparently it was on the Gen 1?
A few other things along the same lines, not exactly life or death, just mildly annoying but could probably be sorted out with software updates? As I said though, overall very pleased so far.
Yeah - The radio not switching off when you power down the car, is a bit of a strange idea TBH ?.
It WILL turn itself off after about 10 minutes if you forget, or when you lock the car of course.
He is another odd thing I spotted last week.
If you turn on the heating to preheat the cabin from the App ( which is a brilliant feature ) it turns on the rear tail lights as well - Why ??.

"
  • why is it not easier to stop a charge before complete, apparently it was on the Gen 1? "

If you're AC charging, unlocking the doors should suspend the charge for a couple of minutes, long enough to disconnect the cable, it will resume charging if left untouched

If your car does not do this, it suggests it's on the old firmware and it would be worth it getting updated, as this older firmware could suffer from a fault on DC chargers that would need an AA or MG fault reset

I always stop charging through the iSmart app. Auto demisting rear window is a config setting in the car which can be enabled/disabled.

Just press mute on the steering wheel if you don't want the infotainment system to continue broadcasting sound once the car is stopped.

Looks good but I don't think them wind deflectors look right with the chrome strip on them and rear bits missing?
IMG_20221010_121127_edit_70085216832013.jpg
IMG_20221010_121201_edit_70011510063274.jpg

Last edited:
If car is up to date no need for this just press unlock
That works on my Mk1 but on my wife's Mk2 Trophy LR you have to stop it with the app or the cable will not release and we have all the updates available up to the end of September, unless our dealer is mis-leading us.

Looks good but I don't think them wind deflectors look right with the chrome strip on them and rear bits missing?View attachment 12244View attachment 12245
I'd go with these and then get rid of the chrome that runs along the bottom of the windows - it would look better with the black roof IMHO.

Did you apply these yourself? Looks better fitted than another pic I saw, where there were big gaps left between each section.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom