My turn! Vehicle Control System Fault

Sven the Swede

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone and greetings from Sweden!

To start with I have a MG ZS EV 2020. So that everyone is on board.

I've read about others that have the Vehicle Control System Fault. I came home last week, thought I'd top up using my (I think you call it) "granny charger". I can only charge at 6 amps at my garage so I had to buy a charger from Amazon. It's a good one.

I got "charging paused" on the charger. Looked in the car "cable connected but not charging". I tried a few times and thought something had a bad day and also I didn't need to charge. SOC on my HV-battery was 70-75%. This has happened before once or twice but it just needed a couple of tries and it started to charge.

Came out two days later. Car starting up and then "Vehicle Control System Fault" and "HV Battery Shut Off". My 12 volt battery was at 13 volts. Everything worked except putting the car into gear. When I put it in reverse the camera came on. Tried disconnect the 12 volt for 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 3 timmar. Nothing works. Tried the different methods written about this problem on this forum.

Called MG assistans and they had to come and tow it. Was a bit of a hassle. I had to put it in Neutral and put foot on brake and then he disconnected the 12 v battery. So that we could get it out of my garage. That was friday April 12th 2024 on monday they called and asked what was wrong with it. I explained and they say they have 4 weeks of waiting time to look at it. 4 WEEKS?!?!

So there we have it. I thought this problem was sorted since the problems I've seen on this forum are a year old.

Sven

Attachments

• 1713251043710.jpg
    1713251043710.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 30
May be not relevant, but your charging current is very low. I would look to running a cable from the house to get 3kW charging.
Otherwise, you could try moving to another repair garage?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom