MY22 ZS aero wheel cover off efficiency

KiwiEV

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV

This thread is addressed to those folks who have the new MY22 ZS EV. Are you driving with the aero wheel covers on or off?

The alloy wheel behind the glossy wheel cover is a good design in my opinion. If there is an impact to efficiency, I would want to do city driving with the aero covers off and use them for longer out of town trips.

If you have been driving with the aero wheel covers off, have you noticed a drop/change in vehicle range per charge?

Sorry, I'm hunting for decent pix of the aero wheel cover on & off comparison.

This thread is addressed to those folks who have the new MY22 ZS EV. Are you driving with the aero wheel covers on or off?

The alloy wheel behind the glossy wheel cover is a good design in my opinion. If there is an impact to efficiency, I would want to do city driving with the aero covers off and use them for longer out of town trips.

If you have been driving with the aero wheel covers off, have you noticed a drop/change in vehicle range per charge?

How do they look behind the cover? I don't think I have seen it ever. Is the design the same for the UK market as well?

How do they look behind the cover? I don't think I have seen it ever. Is the design the same for the UK market as well?
Screenshot_20220612_124621.jpg

I wonder is it possible to get centre caps for the alloys. I'm with the original poster, I quite like them but they need centre caps.

Does It makes much difference on performance with the new wheels as in my humble opinion they mark 1’s are lovely … they alone sold the car too me
The wheels on the Gen1 are the more expensive diamond cut alloys.
Gen2 are a more of your basic type of alloy wheel.
A bit of a cost cutting exercise ?.

I think Bjorn Nyland did a covers on - covers off test with his model 3. Should give comparable results if you search his channel. :)

Well, for starters I doubt if we peasants in the U.K. will get alloy wheels underneath the shitty Halfords style ‘aero’ wheel covers, ( I may be wrong, I hope so), If I do get alloys like the photo they’ll be staying out and proud and sod the range! They’ll also be staying silver, black gloss would be a deal breaker for me.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom