Narrowboat

We've been cruising the canal on a narrowboat for 2 weeks and just returned to the MG5, parked at the marina. We got in and set off for home and both commented - what a lovely car this is! Comfortable, quick, and faultless. That's all!
A bit more refined than the “Chug Chug”
engine sound of a narrow boat 🤣.

I really like the sound of doing a narrow boat trip - either in canals or lochs. Hope you had a great time, and glad to hear the car impressed!

We've been cruising the canal on a narrowboat for 2 weeks and just returned to the MG5, parked at the marina. We got in and set off for home and both commented - what a lovely car this is! Comfortable, quick, and faultless. That's all!
Did you leave the car locked with alarm enabled for 2 weeks? Any issues starting?

My late wife and I had our own narrowboat for 12 years and we used to go out for 3 or 4 months every summer, plus an occasional winter cruise. Never tired of the life style and the only reason we sold the boat was that my wife's disability made it difficult for her to get in and out of the boat. Amongst the many trips we did - from Devizes - was two trips to Liverpool and we did a trip to Yorkshire. We cruised the river Thames many times and of course the Kennet and Avon canal, that being our "home " water and the greater part of the English (and Welsh) canal system.

Still miss it, but not as much as I miss 'er on board.

Dave

You can get electric narrow boats too now (y)
Yes you can, but very few places have electric hook ups suitable for recharging. A friend had a canal boat that was electric, the complete roof was covered in solar panels. He had the boat built so it was like it from new. However his range was very limited as the power needed to propel his boat - a wide beam canal boat - exceeded what he could harvest from the sun. As he lived aboard the boat it wasn't too great a problem for him but when he sold the boat the new owner fitted diesel propulsion.

Dave

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom