Navigation - voice volume issue

Fluffykins

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Not that long having moved house, I'm still getting used to the area and therefore relying on satnav quite often.

On a couple of occasions I have realised that the voice guidance has disappeared.

Has anyone else had that issue?

Going into nav settings the first time it happened, I discovered the voice volume level had somehow set to 2 and was all but inaudible. I tweaked this up to 4 and all was fine again.

It happened again the other day, with the nav volume once again deciding 2 was cool.

I think the second occurrence was coincidental on me interrupting a drive with satnav guidance to check a bratling in the rear seat. I pulled over, selected P, got out leaving the car in Ready mode. I opened the boot, got whatever it was that bratling was in need of, opened the back door and have it to him. Closed up, got back in and drove on.

Sometime later I realised I wasn't getting voice guidance. Had a look in settings and saw voice volume was back at 2.

I think I'm going to have to try and be really aware of what's happening and see if I can tie this to an event and reproduce it before I take it much further.

On the ZS, if you turn the volume up whilst the satnav voices is speaking, the volume will stay at that level but won't effect things like the music volume (works vice versa too). Does that help for your MG5?

Hi fluffykins yeh arealhuman is right while the nav voice is taking you can increase/decerase the voice to what ever level you like using the steering wheel volume controls or better still the big button on the informant system to what ever level you require but only while she is talking wish I had the same control over some passengers I’ll say no more
Les

Hi fluffykins yeh arealhuman is right while the nav voice is taking you can increase/decerase the voice to what ever level you like using the steering wheel volume controls or better still the big button on the informant system to what ever level you require but only while she is talking wish I had the same control over some passengers I’ll say no more
Les
I feel your pain and have been known to refer to the source of the "interference" as the Nag-ivation System.

Hi fluffykins yeh arealhuman is right while the nav voice is taking you can increase/decerase the voice
Cool. Took me bloody agers to figure out how to make the nav speak on the test drive! I could 'un-mute- it, but the volume was also set to 0. Had to go into the settings to change it.

Is there a simple way to 'make' it speak so that you can adjust, or do you just have to wait for it to do it's thing? on the tomtom in my Scenic I have a 'repeat' button.

Is there a simple way to 'make' it speak so that you can adjust, or do you just have to wait for it to do it's thing? on the tomtom in my Scenic I have a 'repeat' button.

Two ways, I think - set it to give verbal warnings when over the speed limit, it does it so often this should be easy (and I don't mean I travel outside the speed limit all the time!). Second option, I think, is when it's giving directions there's a button to play the next direction. You could use this. Note - I might be confused - again - I have several satnav options so this might not even be on the MG system, but might be worth a play to see if it is.

Cool. Took me bloody agers to figure out how to make the nav speak on the test drive! I could 'un-mute- it, but the volume was also set to 0. Had to go into the settings to change it.

Hi I’m not sure there is but if you input a Destination quite close by I:e just a short drive around the block for example then you can play about with it very easily until you get it where you want it to be. arealhuman above has said about using the over speed warning that you can set in the nav menus and the other is a play button to play the nect direction now I can’t say I’ve seen that myself so know nothing about that bit must check that out on mine
Les

I find "Yes Dear" (spoken with sincerity) works quite well.
I just say, "are you talking to me, I thought you were on the phone ?"
robert de niro compliment GIF

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom