Need help with car ev charger

retrobloke

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have had a MG4 for a week. Need to get moving with an ev car charging point. I have a hive charger + installation on order. But if I went for another setup. Do other charging points come with an app (similar to hive) so I could set up charging times etc. I don’t want purchase a charger (will be fitted by an electrician) and have hassle with setting it up.
Thanks in advance for any info.

I had an Ohme and the app was easy to set schedules. I now have a zappi and that is straight forward too.

I have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus - it also has an app and can schedule charges. (Not that I've used that function ... I'm on the capped unit rate so it doesn't matter when I charge my car).

I also have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus, and find it useful as you input your unit price and the app tells you how much each charge has cost. I could use it to set a charging schedule, but I use the iSMART app to do that.

I admit to being confused. Apparently, you can schedule a charge by iSMART, or the charger itself, or the car? How do they all know who is in charge? I have solar panels but also might get a special EV rate from my energy supplier. How is that controlled?

For scheduled charging, just use one option - whichever you find the most convenient. Leave any others blank.
Can’t help with the solar query, sorry!

I admit to being confused. Apparently, you can schedule a charge by iSMART, or the charger itself, or the car? How do they all know who is in charge? I have solar panels but also might get a special EV rate from my energy supplier. How is that controlled?
If you have an Ohme EVSE then let that do the work using Intelligent Octopus cheap rates.

I’ve found that if you leave your car plugged in during the day you can get the cheaper rate at random times as the car starts and stops charging - you can also see these times in the Octopus app schedule.
As anyone tried this? It would seem sensible to leave your car plugged in during the day if you can as you also get the cheap rate at these times for all of your household usage.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom