Negotiating with affinity and EST loan

tah06

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I'm looking at getting an MG5 with affinity and the EST Scotland loan combo. I'm speaking to dealers right now and curious if anyone has any success negotiating the price down further or getting any extras? It's a great deal no matter, but wondering if it's worth pushing further.

Oh and thank you to everyone on the forum here, it's helped convinced me to go for an MG.

Further reduction in price would be tricky but extras are achievable.
Think about the valuable ones like the Type 2 charging cable or a spare wheel.

It is.

My dealer told me that their margins were so slim on Affinity that there was no further haggling to be done. Having got such good value anyway I was quite OK with that.

I did however wonder if it was true that the manufacturer shifts extra metal using a deal like Affinity that they'd reduce dealers margins by much. Wouldn't seem fair on the dealers really.

I ordered an MG5LR in July when announced. Managed a small discount on spare wheel and they fitted the mud guards which were part of protection pack for free (I’ve seen mention of some dealers charging for this).

In hindsight, I might have pushed for a chip repair kit to be thrown in (£17). Didn’t manage any other movement in addition to the free items that came with Affinity.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom