New BMS update

MellyW

Standard Member
Reaction score
I received my MG Zs ev at the end of November and have done 414 miles in it. Yesterday I charged it up and waited for it to Balance. After 4 hours of balancing I have to disconnect to go out. The voltage reads 447 volts and the range reads 139 normal and154 economy. Ambient temperature is 5 degrees. It does charge when unlocked and I've found that the GOM seems to agree with actual distance. Comfort 2 has been done as the outside temperature is shown though the remaining range isn't, minimal bongs. The question is do I need the recent Jan 21 update and if so has it been tried and tested by members of the group? please

I received my MG Zs ev at the end of November and have done 414 miles in it. Yesterday I charged it up and waited for it to Balance. After 4 hours of balancing I have to disconnect to go out. The voltage reads 447 volts and the range reads 139 normal and154 economy. Ambient temperature is 5 degrees. It does charge when unlocked and I've found that the GOM seems to agree with actual distance. Comfort 2 has been done as the outside temperature is shown though the remaining range isn't, minimal bongs. The question is do I need the recent Jan 21 update and if so has it been tried and tested by members of the group? please
Yes you do please contact your dealer who will advise and book you in.

It’s a bit early to see how the Jan 2021 update goes as some people are still having their cars updated. I would follow on the forum and see how it goes! Your figures look about what to expect. Your remaining range should show on the left of the centre console display. 455v for a new battery on fully charged is what I’ve seen suggested. You seem to have a stable update. The new update is useful for unlocked and timed charging but you do already have that. I can’t see what benefit you would get based on what you’ve posted - your MG dealer might help. They only tend to update due to an issue - not just to be on the latest software

I agree with cocijo .i personally think you have the best update out at the moment .unless the latest update is heaven sent and cures everything ,i wouldn't bother ,at least until members have rated it.MG seem to be good at bringing a new update out that works ALMOST perfectly .

Considering saic are one of the biggest battery manufacturers in the world ,they seem to be stabbing in the dark with the ZS's battery .lets hope this new update is worth the wait.

It’s a bit early to see how the Jan 2021 update goes as some people are still having their cars updated. I would follow on the forum and see how it goes! Your figures look about what to expect. Your remaining range should show on the left of the centre console display. 455v for a new battery on fully charged is what I’ve seen suggested. You seem to have a stable update. The new update is useful for unlocked and timed charging but you do already have that. I can’t see what benefit you would get based on what you’ve posted - your MG dealer might help. They only tend to update due to an issue - not just to be on the latest software
The remaining range doesn't show on the bottom left but there are other ways to see it so it's not a problem. The rest of the Comfort 2 seems to be there. So far I'm quite happy with the car and don't want particularly change things unless really necessary/benefitial. Thanks everyone for your help and advice

I’m intrigued as to why no range showing in the centre display. I thought that this was an integral part of the comfort update - that included reducing the dreading bonging and displaying the outside temperature amongst other enhanceents 🧐

It’s is but as I said a long time ago, my three hoots of the horn only reduced by two to one...explain that!!
I will raise this at my first service next month as it wasn’t a major issues along with my auto high beam turn off, the command option is there, but my auto high beam still come on...
Hey ho at least my BMS is okay 👌

I’m intrigued as to why no range showing in the centre display. I thought that this was an integral part of the comfort update - that included reducing the dreading bonging and displaying the outside temperature amongst other enhanceents 🧐
I know, when I picked it up I queried this. The salesman at Glyn Hopkins said he owned one and it didn't have the remaining range either. I can only think that their update is either slightly different or lacking that one thing for some reason. I just use the right steering wheel arrow to display it so it makes little difference.

If your car has done a full charge and a full rebalance it should be near as damnit 455v. If it's not then run a test - take a decent drive from full charge, note miles done then plug into recharge and note % charged on the recharge bar. This will allow you to calculate actual mileage from a full charge. If the result is battery < 450v and mileage from full is < 100 then you have sufficient information to suggest you might need the latest BMS uodate.

I know, when I picked it up I queried this. The salesman at Glyn Hopkins said he owned one and it didn't have the remaining range either. I can only think that their update is either slightly different or lacking that one thing for some reason. I just use the right steering wheel arrow to display it so it makes little difference.
Ask them to check the comfort 2 update when you go in next for a service or if you attend for any other reason. Just explain the remaining mileage is missing and they will know there’s an issue.

It’s is but as I said a long time ago, my three hoots of the horn only reduced by two to one...explain that!!
I will raise this at my first service next month as it wasn’t a major issues along with my auto high beam turn off, the command option is there, but my auto high beam still come on...
Hey ho at least my BMS is okay 👌
It doesn’t exactly instill confidence in the software team...

Just in case there is any confusion and I'm sure there probably isn't, When @Cocijo says centre display, it is the centre display in front of the steering wheel between the 2 circular displays, not the display in the centre of the car (Infotainment) :)

Just in case there is any confusion and I'm sure there probably isn't, When @Cocijo says centre display, it is the centre display in front of the steering wheel between the 2 circular displays, not the display in the centre of the car (Infotainment) :)
It’s the one on the left that says 70miles in this pic 🙂
1611315825591.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom