New bms update

Mclean93

Standard Member
Reaction score
Over the last couple of months my mileage range has decreased massively. Took car i to the garage today and they have done another bms update. They have just rang me to say the update is all done however the latest update comes with a "STIPULATION" which they will go through when i get there. Anyone had this dond and know what it is. As i dont feel very confident now.

Over the last couple of months my mileage range has decreased massively. Took car i to the garage today and they have done another bms update. They have just rang me to say the update is all done however the latest update comes with a "STIPULATION" which they will go through when i get there. Anyone had this dond and know what it is. As i dont feel very confident now.
It will be to do with the equalisation process to get your battery’s back up to maximum capacity, seems to take sometime...

Ah right okay. Thank you for the reply.. Im driving 70 round trip. For work. all motorway driving and i only just get home after a full charge. How long does it take to get back to fully working??

Ah right okay. Thank you for the reply.. Im driving 70 round trip. For work. all motorway driving and i only just get home after a full charge. How long does it take to get back to fully working??
It will depend on the frequency of charge, but the important part is letting the car charge fully and then complete the equalisation process and this will help balance and recover the cells, but will be dependent on your own battery and how disproportionate the charge is across your packs.
Please note that you do not need to completely de-charge before charging again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom