New car appears to be 2 years old!

dspencer12345

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've picked up my ZS EV LR today, brand new with 73 reg.
When I connected to the app, it claims the year of manufacture is 2021!

Could this be wrong?

Look in the glove box and find the A4 sheet of paper that's the manufacturer's certificate. It has the date of manufacture.

There can be quite a lag between manufacturers and certification but this seems off.

Wasn't there an issue getting the module for the Connect spec, perhaps they had it sat somewhere waiting for it to be supplied and fitted.

I've picked up my ZS EV LR today, brand new with 73 reg.
When I connected to the app, it claims the year of manufacture is 2021!

Could this be wrong?
Where do you see manufacture date in the app?
I can see only "Year Model 2021" which would be correct...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230923_104206.jpg
    Screenshot_20230923_104206.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 120
Hi Jasper. I can't find it again. You might be right. I can't actually find the screen you've screenshoted anymore!
On the main screen tap the name of your car on top. That will take you to Vehicle Management screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230924_163750.jpg
    Screenshot_20230924_163750.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 95
Model year is what manufacturers usually use to describe the latest refresh/facelift version… so all models after this date will be MY21 until the next model refresh comes along.

It wasn't from Bolton by any chance? They had an unregistered trophy connect (pano roof etc.). That was manufactured 21/22 ish, but had not yet been registered when mine was in for its first service a couple of weeks ago.

It wasn't from Bolton by any chance? They had an unregistered trophy connect (pano roof etc.). That was manufactured 21/22 ish, but had not yet been registered when mine was in for its first service a couple of weeks ago.
No, Oxford. I think the others are right that it's the model date, rather than manufacturing date

No, Oxford. I think the others are right that it's the model date, rather than manufacturing date
There had been some delays in this type of car because of chips needed for them, it’s still a new car just built then sitting waiting for the chips to come through, if built in the last 6 months or so you would not have the sunroof. My local dealer still has a blue one been in the showroom for some time now with the sunroof.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom