New Car Day - Initial questions

enjoylife

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

Been following this forum very closely over past several months and after lots of delays and patience, I am pleased to announce I finally collected by MG ZS EV LR Trophy on Friday from Chorley Group :)

Special thanks to @Miles Roberts CG for all his support and guidance during the process.

Early days but happy to have the car finally (ordered Nov ‘21 before anyone asks!).

Whilst I am getting used to the car, few quick questions if I may:

1) Got genuine ZS EV car mats from the dealer but they did fitted them for me in case they get dirty before collection. Tried fitting them at home but not able to get the clips for the front mats to locken. Do I need to press down very hard to hear a click and then rotate the knob to lock them in place?

2) I use the USB stick for songs. The car when started seems to sometimes start from where I left last time on usb music and sometimes just goes to radio and I have to manually go back to usb music again. Anyone else had this issue?

3) The KERS one mentioned on another thread is annoying as it seeks to be limited at each KERS level and doesn’t increase/change at all while pressing brake pedal - very strange. Worst is the car doesn’t remember KERS setting which is crucial for different driving styles. Maybe a software update addresses this.

4) How to check version of infotainment and what’s the latest for LR Trophy model? I am being told mine has the latest but I still have the Sat Nav dead reckoning issue that was supposed to be fixed by now?

5) I noticed the range shown on iSmart is slight different to what car shows. Anyone else noticed this?

Congratulations on your new purchase, I hope you have many enjoyable miles behind the wheel!

1. AFAIK the plastic prongs in the floor slot straight into the holes on the mat, then you rotate them to lock in place.

2. The audio source is a bit random - mine jumps from android auto to Bluetooth without any input from me - might be a software bug.

3. KERS definitely needs improving on the facelift model.

4. Have a look in the settings menu - swipe right from the Homescreen. I think Trophy Connect should be on R19 latest version - my SR Trophy is on R16 but no updates available.

5. I'm finding iSmart a bit hit and miss with the range matching the car too. 🤔

Congratulations on your new purchase, I hope you have many enjoyable miles behind the wheel!

1. AFAIK the plastic prongs in the floor slot straight into the holes on the mat, then you rotate them to lock in place.

2. The audio source is a bit random - mine jumps from android auto to Bluetooth without any input from me - might be a software bug.

4. Have a look in the settings menu - swipe right from the Homescreen. I think Trophy Connect should be on R19 latest version - my SR Trophy is on R16 but no updates available.

Thanks.

1) Do the mats sits flush to the floor where the plastic progs are or slightly raised? Mine are slightly raised so not sure whether I need to push further down to lock them in. Cannot easily rotate the the locking mechanism.

4) I cannot see any R16 / R19 etc in version number under settings. Mine shows something like 6.xxx.xx. Maybe I am looking at wrong place.

Hi all,

Been following this forum very closely over past several months and after lots of delays and patience, I am pleased to announce I finally collected by MG ZS EV LR Trophy on Friday from Chorley Group :)

Special thanks to @Miles Roberts CG for all his support and guidance during the process.

Early days but happy to have the car finally (ordered Nov ‘21 before anyone asks!).

Whilst I am getting used to the car, few quick questions if I may:

1) Got genuine ZS EV car mats from the dealer but they did fitted them for me in case they get dirty before collection. Tried fitting them at home but not able to get the clips for the front mats to locken. Do I need to press down very hard to hear a click and then rotate the knob to lock them in place?

2) I use the USB stick for songs. The car when started seems to sometimes start from where I left last time on usb music and sometimes just goes to radio and I have to manually go back to usb music again. Anyone else had this issue?

3) The KERS one mentioned on another thread is annoying as it seeks to be limited at each KERS level and doesn’t increase/change at all while pressing brake pedal - very strange. Worst is the car doesn’t remember KERS setting which is crucial for different driving styles. Maybe a software update addresses this.

4) How to check version of infotainment and what’s the latest for LR Trophy model? I am being told mine has the latest but I still have the Sat Nav dead reckoning issue that was supposed to be fixed by now?

5) I noticed the range shown on iSmart is slight different to what car shows. Anyone else noticed this?
Re number 4 I think you have to manually instigate this by going into the menu and switching it off.

Re number 4 I think you have to manually instigate this by going into the menu and switching it off.
Oh yes I have done that and it’s working fine now. I thought the latest software update fixed this issue altogether hence the question.

Maybe a daft question… but I just cannot find how to switch the heater on or off. I can see the AC button in climate control screen but cannot see the cabin heater button anywhere. What am I missing?

Press the manual fan button below the display once to bring up the A/C display and you can do all the adjustments from there.

Attachments

• H-V screen.JPG
    H-V screen.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 166
Press the manual fan button below the display once to bring up the A/C display and you can do all the adjustments from there.
Yes I am on this very screen but as you can see there is an AC button but no heater button? Is that AC button one and the same thing and controls heating as well? The manual just says cooling system so not clear.

If you can't push the mats down enough onto the clips in the carpet, then unscrew the clips half a turn to raise then slightly. I had to do this on SWMBO's 5.

Yes I am on this very screen but as you can see there is an AC button but no heater button? Is that AC button one and the same thing and controls heating as well? The manual just says cooling system so not clear.
Press Button 2 (on) or button 4 (Auto)

Press Button 2 (on) or button 4 (Auto)
That is to switch off the whole HVAC system or use Auto mode which I understand. My question was how do we choose when you use the heater or not - is there a separate heater on/off button like the one for AC?

Just turn temp up?
Well yes probably! But having no direct control over using heater or not (which is very heavy on battery usage) is strange. My previous cars Leaf, Ioniq etc clearly had it very visible on the dashboard.

Well yes probably! But having no direct control over using heater or not (which is very heavy on battery usage) is strange. My previous cars Leaf, Ioniq etc clearly had it very visible on the dashboard.

ECO Mode pretty much turns the cabin heater off. This is one of the ways ECO mode reduces consumption to improve range.

ECO Mode pretty much turns the cabin heater off. This is one of the ways ECO mode reduces consumption to improve range.
Thanks. I understand that but my question was is there a separate heater button (like AC one) that I am missing. Sounds like we don’t have a dedicated heater button / control on this car so the car basically decides when to switch heater on/off even in manual mode - not great but ok.

I am usually in the habit of driving normally with HVAC usually running to lower speed directed towards windscreen. And only when it’s cold and heater is really needed to switch on the heater and keep it switched off otherwise.

My take on it is that you can consider the AC (or auto) button as the heater or cooling button depending on the temperatures that you set. The car will automatically heat or cool the car to the set temperature. If you turn it off, then the heater (and cooling) is turned off.
You can also adjust the settings for screen % to feet etc in the settings.

Thanks. I understand that but my question was is there a separate heater button (like AC one) that I am missing. Sounds like we don’t have a dedicated heater button / control on this car so the car basically decides when to switch heater on/off even in manual mode - not great but ok.

I am usually in the habit of driving normally with HVAC usually running to lower speed directed towards windscreen. And only when it’s cold and heater is really needed to switch on the heater and keep it switched off otherwise.

We don’t need to worry about turning heaters off and wearing a coat and a scarf to get better range in Winter anymore. Modern EVs have great range and the charging network for very long trips is well capable of coping at the moment.

Just set the temperature to a comfortable level and forget about it :)

The audio thing is a phone thing... everytime you get a notification on the phone it will try and play the notification sound over bluetooth, it's something we will have to live with unfortunately :(

When you remote lock you car you get a short horn sound every time :-(. Really annoying. How can you switch that off? Tried setting but couldn't work it out. Any advice?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom