New Car getting to grips

AYZSEV

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

Got my Blue ZS EV trophy delivered yesterday, so far so good. I have few things want to get pros suggestions, please.

1. Charing adjustment - I cannot move the charing icon to tell the car to charge up to (eg 80%), the slider does not move at all, tried when the charger is connected, disconnected always the same. I can see a 'Long-trip Mode', but cannot change it.
2. Sat Nav - The satnav does not seem to work, the icon does not move even after set to 'Go'
3. Radio - Is there a way to switch off the radio, it seems to be always on mode.

Thanks

1. Just press where you want the limit to be, it doesn't work as a slider I don't think. It does work as a slider in the app.
2. Go to the settings in SatNav and turn off dead reckoning, this one caught me out too.
3. I've not worked this on out yet. You could try pressing the mute button on the steering wheel before you switch off the car.

1. Just press where you want the limit to be, it doesn't work as a slider I don't think. It does work as a slider in the app.
2. Go to the settings in SatNav and turn off dead reckoning, this one caught me out too.
3. I've not worked this on out yet. You could try pressing the mute button on the steering wheel before you switch off the car.

Thanks for the reply,

1. I tried both the press and slider but still cannot see any changes.
2. thanks will try that.
3. That is what I have been doing for now :)

If you have a SR (standard range) ZS then you cannot set a charging limit. This is down to the battery chemistry difference to the LR battery meaning that it does not harm your battery to charge to 100% regularly on the SR.

Thank you all for the replies, didn't realize that the SR one does not need the battery limiting. Still not sure how this affects the life of the battery. Assuming that the SR has more buffer to take care of itself?

The long range battery uses Lithium Ion (Lion) chemistry, the standard range battery uses Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePo4) chemistry and does not get "harmed" by being charged to or left at 100%. Bit of a chemistry lesson but hope that explains it.

The long range battery uses Lithium Ion (Lion) chemistry, the standard range battery uses Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePo4) chemistry and does not get "harmed" by being charged to or left at 100%. Bit of a chemistry lesson but hope that explains it.
Thanks, its explains a little. Why did they not use the same type in Long range? which one is better for car? They must have their own reasons...

One more question - what does the voice command button do on the Trophy version please?

Thanks

Thanks, its explains a little. Why did they not use the same type in Long range? which one is better for car? They must have their own reasons...

One more question - what does the voice command button do on the Trophy version please?

Thanks
Density, ie. I think they take up the same space/volume but the LR one holds more energy in that same space. If they'd used the SR battery to make a LR model they'd need to find more room to fix the extra battery - that's my understanding.

Thanks
Voice only works on the Connect version.

Density, ie. I think they take up the same space/volume but the LR one holds more energy in that same space. If they'd used the SR battery to make a LR model they'd need to find more room to fix the extra battery - that's my understanding.
I don't know how far back the battery is on the gen 2 but on the gen1 there's a load of space behind the battery where the petrol ZS fuel tank was (same body).

Hi All,

Got my Blue ZS EV trophy delivered yesterday, so far so good. I have few things want to get pros suggestions, please.

1. Charing adjustment - I cannot move the charing icon to tell the car to charge up to (eg 80%), the slider does not move at all, tried when the charger is connected, disconnected always the same. I can see a 'Long-trip Mode', but cannot change it.
2. Sat Nav - The satnav does not seem to work, the icon does not move even after set to 'Go'
3. Radio - Is there a way to switch off the radio, it seems to be always on mode.

Thanks
On the MG5, I have found that setting the radio to an untuned DAB status has stopped the barrage of noise when the infotainment finally switches on.

I don’t listen to the radio, so having it unset isn’t a hassle for me.

Help this may sound like a daft question. I have a new Trophy LR but cannot get the radio to work?

Hold down the home button for 10seconds to reboot infotainment system then allow 20mins to allow system to find all the DAB channels. Your radio should now be working.

I don't know how far back the battery is on the gen 2 but on the gen1 there's a load of space behind the battery where the petrol ZS fuel tank was (same body).

The SR battery (LFP Chemistry) has an energy density of around 140Wh/kg.

The LR battery (NMC Chemistry) has an energy density of around 200Wh/kg.

Not taking anything else into account, a 73kWh NMC battery (as found in the LR) weighs roughly 365kg. The same capacity LFP battery (as found in the SR) would weigh 521kg. There would also be a large difference in size.

Note that the numbers are for example only.

The battery slider issue is chemistry, yes but the UI should not give the impression that moving the slider is possible. There should be a different UI display for LR and SR. There is no excuse for that, simply poor product management and software development.

The battery slider issue is chemistry, yes but the UI should not give the impression that moving the slider is possible. There should be a different UI display for LR and SR. There is no excuse for that, simply poor product management and software development.

1st World issues are so important :)

Hold down the home button for 10seconds to reboot infotainment system then allow 20mins to allow system to find all the DAB channels. Your radio should now be working.
Now I have synchronise the radio to work how does one get the listed of stations up?

Hi All,

Thanks
If it is a short range version - no ability or need to charge to 80% for battery health. Different battery chemistry to the LR version.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom