New car tomorrow! What should I be checking?

TheApeVine

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Morning all,

After a 17 month wait we are picking up our new ZS EV Long Range tomorrow afternoon (only because we called the dealership to ask why the LRs on their forecourt weren't on our drive, but that's another post)

Is there anything we should be looking out for, or need to check before we drive it away?

I've seen about checking the weight on the VIN number (is there an app you can do this on?) but was wondering if there's any way to check the software has all the relevant updates? or if there is a phone bound to the car already?

Any advice gratefully received, cheers

Congratulations on finally getting your car and welcome to the forum.

I would bind the car to your phone with the salesperson by your side so that you are certain no one else has bound their phone before you.

Make sure "dead reckoning" is turned off on the sat-nav and that it shows your current location and not somewhere in Belgium.

The latest software should allow you to charge with the doors unlocked. Also, if you have a V2L adapter, you should be able to use it with the car turned off.

Did you get mats and cables with the deal? Just make sure they are in the car.

That's my 10 pence worth. :)

I never had the need to turn dead reckoning off, worth our satnav giving the correct location 100% of the time. So I suggest try before turning off.

Things I checked on our ZS when we collected it last month.

• Seatbelts damage free for the whole length,
  • The valves line up with the wheel trims
  • Pair the phone with sales person as covers above.
  • Driving position ok for all drivers, limited steering when adjustment
  • Tyre pressures
  • Panel gaps
  • Check what is excludes from the warranty ( you will find very little has a warranty period of more than 12 months, very disappointing)
  • Opening all passenger doors from inside when locked
  • Satnav remote from iSmart to car
  • All Software up to date, verify ecu’s
  • Register/bind iPhone to car before leaving dealer
  • dead reckoning turned off on satnav and check it works (we have had no issue with it on)
  • Check DAB radio function
  • Set lane keep assist to alert and assist.
  • VIN registration check
  • Check underside of car

On the lr version you can tap on the battery on the main screen and move the max charge up an down...set it to 80%. You can't do that on the Sr version

Check all over the bodywork carefully. When I went to pick up my new ZS a couple of years ago it had a dent under the window on the tailgate and damage to both bumpers. I very nearly missed the damage but spotted it just in time!

Looks like I was being optimistic, called the dealer to check everything was ok, and that all updates had been done etc, when he says "yes, it's sat outside and looks good in silver" to which I respond "...but we've ordered black!"

So I'm picking up my new car next Friday instead :(

Looks like I was being optimistic, called the dealer to check everything was ok, and that all updates had been done etc, when he says "yes, it's sat outside and looks good in silver" to which I respond "...but we've ordered black!"

So I'm picking up my new car next Friday instead :(
That gives them a week to respray it 😀

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom