New fast chargers Scotch Corner

REDLeader

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Screenshot_20230921-164506_Facebook.jpg

Still no canopies. When I asked them about this on Twitter, the answer was that they were too busy installing new chargers to care whether their customers got soaked, frozen, blown away or electrocuted because they couldn't see what they were doing in the dark.

When was a new petrol station last installed without a canopy over the pumps?

Still no canopies. When I asked them about this on Twitter, the answer was that they were too busy installing new chargers to care whether their customers got soaked, frozen, blown away or electrocuted because they couldn't see what they were doing in the dark.

When was a new petrol station last installed without a canopy over the pumps?

"Customers are expendable, canopies cost money..."

Imagine if that was a photo of a brand new petrol station, and the pumps were all lined up out in the open. Nobody would even think of doing that.

Imagine if that was a photo of a brand new petrol station, and the pumps were all lined up out in the open. Nobody would even think of doing that.
The difference is the petrol station comes with onsite shop, jet/car wash, etc... which is where the main profits are (not the fuel). Having all the services and licenses for fuel storage and associated planning etc... for a new site isn't simple or low cost, so when they do it they go to town.

Right now I'll take lots of new open air bare bones charging stations over a handful of flagship covered charging hubs in the South East (which we'll probably not see here this side of 2030).

Canopies will come, can be retrofitted and can earn their keep with solar.

I think there's an intermediate point between absolutely open to the elements and a fully featured charging hub. But at the moment they're providing nothing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom