New MG 5 exclusive and Ticking noise.

Doddydoodle

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all,
Bought an MG5 long range exclusive, about a month ago. Mainly for the wife who never travels more than 50 miles. Over-all very impressed with driving and comfort. Speed limit sign on dash not entirely accurate. I had a 124mph display in a 30. We did a 150 round trip doing 65 to 70 mph, and got home with around 25% battery left. Can't fault it at present. Any body know what the really quiet ticking noise is. Sounds like the fan but I'm not sure.

Hi all,
Bought an MG5 long range exclusive, about a month ago. Mainly for the wife who never travels more than 50 miles. Over-all very impressed with driving and comfort. Speed limit sign on dash not entirely accurate. I had a 124mph display in a 30. We did a 150 round trip doing 65 to 70 mph, and got home with around 25% battery left. Can't fault it at present. Any body know what the really quiet ticking noise is. Sounds like the fan but I'm not sure.
Think my fan isn’t particularly quiet, noticed it the other day. Try turning it all off and see if it goes away. I drove today with fan and radio all off, was lovely and quiet.

I pick up on noises like this, vans in work annoy the hell out of me with all the racking!!!

Anyway, back to the point, the demonstrator I drove with 100 miles on the clock had a faint tick from the cabin fan. Turned the system off completely and it went, increased the fan speed and it went, but when it was sat at that sweet spot in auto it kept on ticking.

Hi all,
Are you sure you really bought it for the wife ? Are you sure you didn't really buy it for yourself because you love new gadgets ? :ROFLMAO:

Hi all,
That faint ticking is probably the air conditioning and/or heater. At first I thought it was the fan, but it's not related to fan speed and is still there with the fan set to minimum. If I move the temperature control up and down I hear hear the ticking come and go as the target temperature crosses the cabin temperature.

ZE EV 2022 heater ticking noise also present in our car. Definitely not the fan as the frequency of the tick doesn't change with fan speed change. Car went into dealer yesterday and they tested against a brand new MG which had the same faint tick. Said it was "as designed!". Can only assume its part of the heating element control, some kind of capacitor or something. Annoying but I guess it's a budget car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom