NEW MG 5 Long range

I'm seeing nothing cheaper than £20k+ for Excites and £22k+ for Exclusives; prices were about £1k cheaper than that in March. Maybe whatever cheap deal you found has been snapped up?

It will be interesting to see if they stop selling the current model or just give the option of standard or long range.

It will be interesting to see if they stop selling the current model or just give the option of standard or long range.
To keep growing market share, particularly with EV currently, I would guess they'd keep both and increase the price margin between them. Wait 3 or 4 years and then make a decision on keeping or stopping a model.

They plan to keep selling the previous MG5 version, until all the stocks have been depleted.
Then they will be offering the L.R. Version model, is my understanding.
Given that the newer L.R. model is only £1400 more, I think there will be a good discount to be had on the previous model.
I think it is bad timing to release this L.R. model, when the previous model is still so new.
I think they intend to release newer ZS EV version with a bigger pack(s), towards the end of 2021.
No idea on when or on price yet.
The original ZS EV is almost two years old in Oct 2021, so an upgrade is due about now.
Not so the MG5 I feel ?.

They plan to keep selling the previous MG5 version, until all the stocks have been depleted.
Then they will be offering the L.R. Version model, is my understanding.
Given that the newer L.R. model is only £1400 more, I think there will be a good discount to be had on the previous model.
I think it is bad timing to release this L.R. model, when the previous model is still so new.
I think they intend to release newer ZS EV version with a bigger pack(s), towards the end of 2021.
No idea on when or on price yet.
The original ZS EV is almost two years old in Oct 2021, so an upgrade is due about now.
Not so the MG5 I feel ?.
If that happens with the ZS, I'd look forward to buying the 'old' model at a discounted price. That would compliment my mileage nicely! Soon, when global car manufacturing picks up and supplies rectify, there's going to be some fierce competition across all marques I would think.

If that happens with the ZS, I'd look forward to buying the 'old' model at a discounted price. That would compliment my mileage nicely! Soon, when global car manufacturing picks up and supplies rectify, there's going to be some fierce competition across all marques I would think.
It has not been confirmed if MG intended to run the previous ZS EV model along side the new L.R. model yet.
My guess would be - NO.
I think they may phase out the original model, as they intend to do with the MG5.
We will have to wait and see !.
I know there is a lot of interest in the LR model of the ZS EV from the current owners, who would like to upgrade to the larger pack size.
However the cost to change will be a big factor on this thing happening of course.
We will have to wait and see !.

The new MG5 can take 75Kg so have they changed the bars or just bigger bolts?
They must have made the changes some time ago if there are cars on the water on their way to the UK already.

The new MG5 can take 75Kg so have they changed the bars or just bigger bolts?
They must have made the changes some time ago if there are cars on the water on their way to the UK already.
There are some press cars here and registered already - not sure if the rails are different - I can't really tell from the photos.

I wonder if Gridserve will start charging manufacturers for using their site for PR shoots 😂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom