New MG models

Lambo51

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Spoke to an MG sales guy today who’s SR ZS was parked next to me . This is what he said.
New ZS EV (350 mile range) due end of 2023

MG4 Due early 2023 (smaller than ZS)

MG5 Due early 2023 (saloon style similar to a C class merc) 350 mile range

Cyberstar due early 2024 (400 mile range)

MG3 is being replaced by a ZOE size car fully electric

Spoke to an MG sales guy today
That was your first mistake of the day 😂

Salespeople will tell you anything you want to hear.

I'd be very surprised if the facelift MG5 will do 350 miles and I wouldn't say it was anywhere near as big as a C class.

I had to question the merc comparison. He was adamant and that he had seen one in the flesh at a private mg event. 🧐 surely a salesman wouldn’t tell fibs😇

Think he may be being economical with the truth, (he may not even realise he is being if he's just been told figures). For example, the facelifted MG5 out in Europe and expected here in 2023 has a range of 250miles, so there will be a saloon released at the same time with an extra 100miles of range than it's estate counterpart ? Maybe that is true. However, the current MG5 has a "Slow Moving traffic range" quoted as "344miles". If he is quoting this figure, instead of the WLTP, it doesn't seem as far fetched but is very disingenuous.

Last edited:
Mg have another car called the MG 5 which is a saloon and ICE. Maybe they are converting this into an EV?

Mg have another car called the MG 5 which is a saloon and ICE. Maybe they are converting this into an EV?
Interesting, the other MG5 does look a little like a C-class. But as stated is currently an ICE. So maybe this will be converted.
Or perhaps this new EV just looks like that as, "According to SAIC, the second generation MG 5 (the Chinese one, not the UK) features the third generation MG family design language, including a front fascia similar to the 2020 MG HS facelift," which means that presumably this is the look of cars they are going for,.

Be interesting to see where this sits in the line up, as the quoted range is quite an increase above the 5, but the size of the car appears similar. Will the estate, get this range at some point, and another facelift, to tie in to the family look ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom