New MG Trophy long range usb audio issues

Andy Leigh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
On my previous MG ZS EV I could access all my USB music files as a list of individual artists i.e. Beatles or Rolling Stones as albums. On the new Trophy all I can get is a list of songs in alphabetical order and cannot select an album or artist. Very irritating when it plays music from every genre consecutively. So you get e.g. country followed by classical by rock by jazz etc. Terrible, cannot understand the logic and retrograde step of this new system..Anyone have the same issue or is there an answer. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my previous MG ZS EV I could access all my USB music files as a list of individual artists i.e. Beatles or Rolling Stones as albums. On the new Trophy all I can get is a list of songs in alphabetical order and cannot select an album or artist. Very irritating when it plays music from every genre consecutively. So you get e.g. country followed by classical by rock by jazz etc. Terrible, cannot understand the logic and retrograde step of this new system..Anyone have the same issue or is there an answer. Thanks.
Been told Mark 1 was Windows based
And Mark 2 face-lift is android based
So totally different operating system. But request sent to mg to see if something could be done as android phones let you have folders. So hopefully migh be fix in future

If you run through android auto power amp works really well just copy on to a sd card an stick in phone or android auto box

Last edited by a moderator:
The music on my android phone is in playlists, and those playlist appear on android auto. Can you get playlists onto a usb stick I wonder?

Been told Mark 1 was Windows based
And Mark 2 face-lift is android based
So totally different operating system. But request sent to mg to see if something could be done as android phones let you have folders. So hopefully migh be fix in future
It appears that you have to use carplay or android. So I have ordered a Carlnkit 4. Also using USB to phone direct does not always connect. MG sort it out China this 2022 technology is there.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom