New MG ZS EV in France

madmanacrossthewater

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi guys...new to the forum...thought you might be interested in our experience so far.

We ordered our MG ZS Luxury long range (the names are different in Europe, but it is the top spec) on 12th May with a guaranteed delivery date of 5 months (12th October). On Saturday 7th October we reminded our dealer that the car was due on Thursday and could he confirm? He told us the car is in either Bruges or Barcelona but could not be sure. We told him we were going to cancel the order (because another dealer had one in stock and available).

We didn't cancel, but came to a compromise. He has loaned us (FOC) the demonstrator, which is exactly the same model, colour etc to the one we have ordered, which we can use until our new 'baby' arrives. This is VERY unusual to get French customer service like this, so we are delighted to be using our FREE hire car :D until ours arrives.

We did a 300km (190 miles) yesterday and it was fantastic. No charging required and no range anxiety.

Love it! Can't wait for our car to eventually arrive...

Hi and welcome to this fantastic forum.

Good move on the threat to cancel, with a guaranteed delivery date they would have been looking at considerable compensation payout and obviously didn't want to lose the sale.

It's a really nice car for the price. I hope you have many enjoyable journneys in yours.

P.S. Did you get the sky roof on yours?

We've ordered in the Diamond red and yes, we do have the sunroof (well...that's what we ordered and is on the courtesy car we are driving at present). I think the specs are slightly different in France to the UK but we've ordered the equivalent of the Trophy.

We've ordered in the Diamond red and yes, we do have the sunroof (well...that's what we ordered and is on the courtesy car we are driving at present). I think the specs are slightly different in France to the UK but we've ordered the equivalent of the Trophy.
I used the electroverse card when out and about in France, so many destination chargers, it was so easy.

News just in! Car has arrived at the dealership and we can collect on Friday :cool:

I used the electroverse card when out and about in France, so many destination chargers, it was so easy.
We are well prepared (having viewed practically ALL of YouTube about EV cars and charging!!) and have quite a selection of cards for various chargers...however it seems that it is often cheaper to charge with a debit card than to use specific cards.

So, taken ownership of the car today, she even speaks English to us!! but they have fitted the steering wheel on the wrong side, and yes to the sunroof.
done quite a few miles (KMs) in the loan car and absolutely love it.
We are Geri and Trevor, so nearest we could get to a French personalised plate... just luck really

Attachments

• IMG_7099.JPG
    IMG_7099.JPG
    672.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7101.JPG
    IMG_7101.JPG
    573.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_7100.JPG
    IMG_7100.JPG
    781.1 KB · Views: 91
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video