New MG5 Rear Seatbelts Issue

johnb80

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, We took delivery of our MG5 just over a month ago. My Wife has just told me that her friend had real difficulty with the rear seatbelts, the buckle keeps disappearing down into the seat squab. I've just looked at it and it's nigh on impossible to use single handed, the buckles do fall away as you push the belt part into them.

Anybody else have this problem or is there something wrong with our car?

Hi, We took delivery of our MG5 just over a month ago. My Wife has just told me that her friend had real difficulty with the rear seatbelts, the buckle keeps disappearing down into the seat squab. I've just looked at it and it's nigh on impossible to use single handed, the buckles do fall away as you push the belt part into them.

No problems with my facelift 5 seatbelts.

I suppose it is possible that they have got tangled up under the seat. I took the seat base out of mine one day to get a bit of extra space for moving furniture and it was a bit fiddly getting the seat belt buckles to line up properly when I was putting it all back together again.

Neat trick

Yep it's standard. I've got some silicon covers that go around the buckles to stop them going down the holes. I thought they were dear at about £8 for two, but have been marvellous.

This was the set I got. There may well be other makes about now, but that's did the job great for me and my kids

Wididi 2-Pack Car Seat Belt Buckle Holder Buckle Up - Soft Silicone - Easy Installation - Holds The Seatbelt Receiver In An Upright Position - Makes Buckling Easier For Kids, Adults & The Elderly https://amzn.eu/d/aDvhuAu

This was the set I got. There may well be other makes about now, but that's did the job great for me and my kids

Wididi 2-Pack Car Seat Belt Buckle Holder Buckle Up - Soft Silicone - Easy Installation - Holds The Seatbelt Receiver In An Upright Position - Makes Buckling Easier For Kids, Adults & The Elderly https://amzn.eu/d/aDvhuAu
Thanks, I'll get some ordered.

Amazon product ASIN B09DHH99T5 -
if you don't mind the robot graphics on it these are 2 for ~£6 (Or they were when i looked just now)

Going to risk it at that price as whilst I rarely have people in the back of the MG5 when I do they usually have the issue with the seatbelt things vanishing down the hole and I think I've had one person knock the connector on the bottom of the belt buckle

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom