New motion charger problem

Adi6phil

Established Member
Reaction score
At last a new Aldi has opened within a mile from home and its near a nature reserve to walk my dog perfect. Heres the problem .i plugged zs into the charger and green light illuminates .then i lock the car and the blue light shows and it stops charging ,unlock the car and green charging light comes on to show its charging again.also if i dont lock car the blue light comes on after 30seconds or so . I have a shell rfid card which bleeps on the charger but does nothing .all the time this is happening the charge cable lock on the car is going frantic locking every few seconds .i decided to give it up as a lost cause and tried to unplug the cable from the car .it wont come out if the car is locked and if you unlock it the charger comes on and it wont pull out .answer is unlock the car and pull cable out quickly before it locks the cable in .can anyone help am i doing something wrong .this is the first newmotion charger i have used .

I have since been to my 'not as local' Aldi and successfully charged . Then tried the new Aldi charger again and same things happened .I have tried all permutations .locking car before plugging into the charger ,car first ,charger first ,rfid card first etc .i spent so long there that with all these 30 seconds worth of green light it put 3 miles on the gom. All this was happenning whilst people wanted to talk to me about owning an ev .i think all my swearing and cursing has given the sales of ice cars in my town a massive boost.

At last a new Aldi has opened within a mile from home and its near a nature reserve to walk my dog perfect. Heres the problem .i plugged zs into the charger and green light illuminates .then i lock the car and the blue light shows and it stops charging ,unlock the car and green charging light comes on to show its charging again.also if i dont lock car the blue light comes on after 30seconds or so . I have a shell rfid card which bleeps on the charger but does nothing .all the time this is happening the charge cable lock on the car is going frantic locking every few seconds .i decided to give it up as a lost cause and tried to unplug the cable from the car .it wont come out if the car is locked and if you unlock it the charger comes on and it wont pull out .answer is unlock the car and pull cable out quickly before it locks the cable in .can anyone help am i doing something wrong .this is the first newmotion charger i have used .
Have you tried the shell recharge app?
Sounds like you may need to report the charger as faulty.

I use the Newmotion chargepoints at our new Aldi in Southend. Had to phone helpdesk when I first plugged in as they were not commissioned. Now it's just a case of open car charge flap. Connect type 2 lead to car. Connect other end of lead in flap on charger. Colours change and whether my car is locked or unlocked the handshake goes ahead after 30 seconds and dash shows charging.

I'd you do get it going make sure you don't get caught out if they have Parking Eye monitoring in car park as you have to exit car park after 90 minutes.

I use the Newmotion chargepoints at our new Aldi in Southend. Had to phone helpdesk when I first plugged in as they were not commissioned. Now it's just a case of open car charge flap. Connect type 2 lead to car. Connect other end of lead in flap on charger. Colours change and whether my car is locked or unlocked the handshake goes ahead after 30 seconds and dash shows charging.

I'd you do get it going make sure you don't get caught out if they have Parking Eye monitoring in car park as you have to exit car park after 90 minutes.
Cheers , thats a great help .who,s helpdesk did you phone Aldi or Newmotion and?

New motion helpdesk

+44 (0)20 3868 1036

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210224-114945_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210224-114945_Chrome.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 138
Contrary to what it says in the manual, I would try connecting your cable to the car first then the charger as @Davemac278 does.
I always do it this way with 7 kW chargers.

Contrary to what it says in the manual, I would try connecting your cable to the car first then the charger as @Davemac278 does.
I always do it this way with 7 kW chargers.
I usually do car first but to be honest I tried every which way before giving giving it up as a bad job

Just rang newmotion and somehow got the netherlands instead of uk ,but on second attempt got uk . Apparently it is offline and they are going to do a re-set so all should be hinky dory soon .thanks for all the help.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom