New night rate tariff - Haven't stopped laughing

Big Al

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
So from tomorrow my night charging rate ( 7 hours) is down to 1.5p per KW until April.
So works out at less than 1/2 a p a mile.
We live in strange times

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 20.47.41.png

All those rates are under half (and more) the rates over here. Must be an error surely?

Have your other charges gone up or down?

You can see from the link above that it is the government support which has sent them so low.

So from tomorrow my night charging rate ( 7 hours) is down to 1.5p per KW until April.
So works out at less than 1/2 a p a mile.
We live in strange times

View attachment 12312
This is the recently announced price cap for N Ireland effective from 1st November and running (at the moment) until end April 23. I was wondering about this Big Al. Im in NI too and I have contacted SSE to advise when I am going to see the benefit of the price cap announced last week. They have not updated their website yet. By the way, this cap is being backdated to October, so expect a rebate for the electric you used back then. It almost seems to good to be true. I am currently on a daytime rate of 35.8p and a night time rate of 19.2p. With the price cap reduction of up to 19.9p, I should be going to 15.9p day, and nothing at night, although I cannot see the latter happening. When SSE get off their backsides and answer my query, I will know.

Hi Pauli363
I've moved to ClickEngery, however a friend of mine who's tied into a contract with SSE, has today managed to move to an Economy 7 tariff with them. They waived the £40 cancellation fee and his new rates when the E7 meter is fitted (25/11) are; Day 19.19p - Night 5.9p. I suggest you ring them again and quote the rates that my mate is getting. His exit fee was only £40 pound, so maybe just suck that up and move to clickengery for 200 miles for 90p :) at least till April

I see TESCO under Pod Point have change their free charge to: First 15 minutes free then to 0.28 pence pkw. Is that still cheap?

Hi Pauli363
I've moved to ClickEngery, however a friend of mine who's tied into a contract with SSE, has today managed to move to an Economy 7 tariff with them. They waived the £40 cancellation fee and his new rates when the E7 meter is fitted (25/11) are; Day 19.19p - Night 5.9p. I suggest you ring them again and quote the rates that my mate is getting. His exit fee was only £40 pound, so maybe just suck that up and move to clickengery for 200 miles for 90p :) at least till April
Cheers. I'm ringing them on Monday. They should have their new rates publicised by now, it's not on. I wish the cap had have been extended but hopefully will come April

Got a reply from SSE. My rates on economy 7 now are 7.17p daytime, and 5.5p night time. Delighted with that. Hopefully in 6 months, the cap will be extended further. That's way lower than the lowest rate I have ever had.

Good news, yes my friend got the same, I mis quoted that 19.19day rate.
Hopefully we’ll get the £400 and maybe the £100 for Oil soon as well

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom