New Ohme home charger Help please

Claire

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone 🙂 I hope you are all well , Happy New Year 🥳 to you all
I was wondering if anyone can help me please ? We have an Ohme home pro charger I have only used this once so far however my partner has switched us over to the the Eon Drive tariff so I am trying to schedule an overnight charge this evening but I think the charger wants to start now which I don’t want to do as this would be 32 p a kw rather than the 9p a kw overnight can anyone help please I have set the time time in the MG Ismart app to begin at 00;05 until 6 am but just unsure what app I should be sending the command from 😳🤔 too many blooming apps , when I go the Ohme app I have put in the tariff and also avoid peak charging but I’m just scared it starts charging now.

Thanks in advance as always guys , you are always lifesavers 🫶🏻💖

For our Ohme pro I just set the price cap in the "My Charger" part of the app to the low rate for your tariff and the tariff details under "My Energy" in the app. Then plug the car in and it will only charge during the low cost time for your tariff.

You can even leave the car plugged in for 48 hours and it will run 2 charge cycles in the cheap rate time period (and count this as a single charging session)

I've just had a OHME pro charger fitted yesterday & I dare say I'll need to swot up on these things. I've just been watching one of OHME YT videos on 'How to' I don't know if it will help.

For me going through all the Ohme how to guides and instruction manual made things overly complicated. I know the charger is very flexible in what it can do but for basic charging you won't use most of the functionality.

For those with solar and battery as well as super flexible tariffs and manufacturers who share their API so the car can talk to the charger it has a multitude of features, but for me the basics do the job

I was wondering if anyone can help me please ? We have an Ohme home pro charger I have only used this once so far however my partner has switched us over to the the Eon Drive tariff so I am trying to schedule an overnight charge this evening but I think the charger wants to start now which I don’t want to do as this would be 32 p a kw rather than the 9p a kw overnight can anyone help please I have set the time time in the MG Ismart app to begin at 00;05 until 6 am but just unsure what app I should be sending the command from 😳🤔 too many blooming apps , when I go the Ohme app I have put in the tariff and also avoid peak charging but I’m just scared it starts charging now.

Hello Claire
Just to let you know we think we have cracked our problem which seems to be the same as yours.. We have just setup a charge of 50% on the Ohme charging station and got it going. Then we paused it on our mobile phone app. The charger paused. Then we set it going again on the phone app from inside the house. It is now charging again. This means that we can now at least activate charging remotely at the start of the off peak time. The only drawback is we have to start it again after we go.to bed but we arecusually awake around 1 or 2am anyway so we seem to have a workaround until we can find a way of entering a start time which I don't think exists. Hope this might help you sort.

Alan

I think it’s different with each energy provider.
We have ovo anytime, and as long as the session type says “smart charge session” at the top of the scheduling screen on the ohme app, it should be charging at the cheaper rate.
Sometimes our schedule (it charges at offpeak times only) will have a few non charging hours at the start of the evening: this shows up as a horizontal line in the charging schedule graph, then it starts to climb up when the charging commences. do you get that sort of graph on your schedule page on the app?

Like this: I wanted to put on an extra 40%, so at about 9pm I plugged it in and set it up;
it showed as “smart” (ie the cheap rate) but the planned charging didn’t actually start until the Ovo off-peak-demand knew there would be spare capacity in the grid at about 1.20am, when it charged 1-6am. I didn’t need to “make it go” at 1am….. the whole point is when you’re told Ohme your energy provider type it schedules the charging time for you. you just have to trust it to not start early, and as long as it says “scheduled smart charging” at the top it will be on the cheaper rate.
IMG_8943.png

I think it’s different with each energy provider.
We have ovo anytime, and as long as the session type says “smart charge session” at the top of the scheduling screen on the ohme app, it should be charging at the cheaper rate.
Sometimes our schedule (it charges at offpeak times only) will have a few non charging hours at the start of the evening: this shows up as a horizontal line in the charging schedule graph, then it starts to climb up when the charging commences. do you get that sort of graph on your schedule page on the app?

Like this: I wanted to put on an extra 40%, so at about 9pm I plugged it in and set it up;
it showed as “smart” (ie the cheap rate) but the planned charging didn’t actually start until the Ovo off-peak-demand knew there would be spare capacity in the grid at about 1.20am, when it charged 1-6am. I didn’t need to “make it go” at 1am….. the whole point is when you’re told Ohme your energy provider type it schedules the charging time for you. you just have to trust it to not start early, and as long as it says “scheduled smart charging” at the top it will be on the cheaper rate.
Thank you. Yes we have the same graph as you have shown but when we plug in it starts to charge immediately therefore we are able to pause it on the app. We thought it should know our off peak period but doesn't seem to. We just hit the start charging option on the app at 01:00am and it begins to charge again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom