New Order

DON

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all, think I am close to ordering a new trophy in black, couple of questions what is the normal deposit, and is your deposit is refundable if you change your mind :unsure: many thanks

I ordered mine also £250 I have a mg ZS ev which I only purchased in March for the new plate but recently it will only charge upto 155 miles on E. I have had the software update so complain to mg and their answer is because it is cold!
I drove the new one after looking at many on YouTube and was smitten with it especially the 360 cameras extra range and tracking so hopefully will get it next March

but recently it will only charge upto 155 miles on E. I have had the software update so complain to mg and their answer is because it is cold!
Just for reference, my Gen1 ZS EV is two years old and has covered over 16,000 miles.
It had the latest BMS update on the 15th Jan of this year.
After a full charge and balance and with trips reset to zero, it reports a predicted range of 155 miles in NORMAL mode and regen level 3.
When the BMS update is first done, my voltage on the pack was 449 - 450v and a predicted range of 162 - 163.
This is with ALL equipment ( HVAC etc ) turned OFF !.

I just put £100 refundable deposit down. i will be using the equity in my current car towards the finance closer to collection day.

I ordered mine also £250 I have a mg ZS ev which I only purchased in March for the new plate but recently it will only charge upto 155 miles on E. I have had the software update so complain to mg and their answer is because it is cold!
I drove the new one after looking at many on YouTube and was smitten with it especially the 360 cameras extra range and tracking so hopefully will get it next March
Ive had ZS EV for 13 months 8000 miles I drive it with ALL equipment ( HVAC etc ) turned on all the time in normal mode. I get 133 miles in winter and 144 miles in summer. I too have put a deposit down on the new one as it tick's a lot of boxes for me.

The GOM range estimation is based on several factors, including outside temp and previous driving style, mine regularly shows 166 miles but recently its between 130 - 140, mainly due to the cold weather and also me using the heating more.

The GOM range estimation is based on several factors, including outside temp and previous driving style, mine regularly shows 166 miles but recently its between 130 - 140, mainly due to the cold weather and also me using the heating more.
Agree !.
166 predicted range, I assume either trips not reset or running on original BMS software then @Alan ?.
Using the HVAC murders the range !.

I'm on the new BMS, can't remember what it said when full on the old one now! I rarely reset my trip meter as well!
Arh ……. There you go then !.
That explains why you are seeing the 166 predicted range figure then Al !.
163 miles is what other members are seeing post BMS update.
I think it was closer to 170+ something on the original factory software, if I remember correctly ?.
After the latest BMS update, to get a more accurate predicted figure, resetting both trips is pretty much essential, if you require a more accurate reading prior to a longer trip
I think 🤔 you said you are a low mileage user, so this is a lot less important then of course 👍.
I find resetting my trips has become a fairly frequent thing now in the winter especially.
It had little to no effect resetting the trips on the previous BMS.
Just a strange phenomenon of the latest BMS 🤷‍♂️.

Arh ……. There you go then !.
That explains why you are seeing the 166 predicted range figure then Al !.
163 miles is what other members are seeing post BMS update.
I think it was closer to 170+ something on the original factory software, if I remember correctly ?.
After the latest BMS update, to get a more accurate predicted figure, resetting both trips is pretty much essential, if you require a more accurate reading prior to a longer trip
I think 🤔 you said you are a low mileage user, so this is a lot less important then of course 👍.
I find resetting my trips has become a fairly frequent thing now in the winter especially.
It had little to no effect resetting the trips on the previous BMS.
Just a strange phenomenon of the latest BMS 🤷‍♂️.
Yep, I'm not too bothered, as I'm used to the car and know pretty much how far it will go! I just mentioned it to explain to the guys worried about only seeing 133 miles on a full charge.

Hi all, think I am close to ordering a new trophy in black, couple of questions what is the normal deposit, and is your deposit is refundable if you change your mind :unsure: many thanks
Deposit was £200, refundable, at Chorley.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom