New owner saying Hi

Mr479

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all, hope everyone is well under current circumstances!

Picked up my 5 in silver on 31st! So far have done 200 miles.

As a commuter avoiding trains this seemed to fit the bill, a relatively cheap car that avoids congestion and ulez charges.

Driving my usual route of 125 miles and my normal driving style (keeping up with normal speeds) I managed to achieve the round trip with 12% left. Not bad for a cold January day..but quite shy of the 200 quoted.

Hello all, hope everyone is well under current circumstances!

Picked up my 5 in silver on 31st! So far have done 200 miles.

As a commuter avoiding trains this seemed to fit the bill, a relatively cheap car that avoids congestion and ulez charges.

Driving my usual route of 125 miles and my normal driving style (keeping up with normal speeds) I managed to achieve the round trip with 12% left. Not bad for a cold January day..but quite shy of the 200 quoted.
Hello and welcome. I'm a new member myself 😀

Hey Simondi, how's it going?

What's the max range you've been able to get so far? I've resisted the temptation of the car forcing me to go slower!

The cold does really have an impact on range..wait till it gets a bit warmer and you’ll be much happier..

Hi I’m new too. I like my 5 so far and have quickly realised that range, especially in these temperatures does affect the way to drive. Lots of forward planning and crossing of fingers that charging points are available on the longer trips. What home charger have you gone for?

Hey Simondi, how's it going?

What's the max range you've been able to get so far? I've resisted the temptation of the car forcing me to go slower!
So far the GOM suggests around 140 miles, quite pleased to be honest

So far the GOM suggests around 140 miles, quite pleased to be honest
Are talking about the MG5 or the ZSev?

140 seems very low to me as from the 214 miles advertised if it's the 5, even allowing a bit of a drop for "cold weather" sounds more like ZS figures being thrown around at the moment.

Last edited:

140 seems very low to me as from the 214 miles advertised if it's the 5, even allowing a bit of a drop for "cold weather" sounds more like ZS figures being thrown around at the moment.
It’s the ZS EV I guess looking at the user picture.

Yeah, ZS sorry I should have said

It's confusing because this is the MG5 subforum, I guess that's not entirely obvious for people depending on how they view the threads on the site.

I did 125 with 12% remaining so another 30 ish miles.

Has the charger installed today, podpoint.

Has anyone had the issue of the charging pausing around 65-75%? It's happened twice now, once at a rapid charger and now just again at home on charge.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom