New owner start up bongs

GaryNW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all. Collected our new zs ev on friday had a successful 120 mile trip overnight 3 pin charge and drive back. Great car very pleased but the bongs on start up drive me potty. Can they be silenced?

Hi all. Collected our new zs ev on friday had a successful 120 mile trip overnight 3 pin charge and drive back. Great car very pleased but the bongs on start up drive me potty. Can they be silenced?
Is this a brand new car as it sounds like you do not have the Comfort 2 software update?

Pre reg sept 2020 registered from my local mg dealer
Do you have the estimated remaining range on the dashboard, temperature display on the infotainment unit top right?

Comfort 2 update - info from MG website

( NB - if you purchased your car after mid June 2020, the car should have had the Comfort 2 update installed and therefore bongs etc dealt with. If you are being asked to pay for this update in 2021 as a new purchaser, you should definitely query this.)

During the lifespan of a vehicle model, various changes can be made to interior trim, exterior cosmetics or system functions to ensure that it features cutting edge technology and remains attractive to potential buyers. MG ZS EV models manufactured after mid-June 2020, will have a newly developed 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation installed on the car. This is now available for customers who wish to benefit from these later updates on earlier build models.
Whilst all the below features involve software changes to key components on your vehicle, the updated software is not available to cars with 1st Generation software as a ‘warranty upgrade’. MG’s warranty is there to cover the cost of repair or replacement of a failed part due to a manufacturing defect, and not for updates/upgrades, and will therefore be chargeable. Please speak to your MG dealer to find out associated charges for this update.
This new 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation includes changes to:
Faster system self-check when powering ‘ON’
Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
Auto High Beam system disable option available in menu settings
General warning chime quality improvements and reduced volume
Warning chimes reduced for MG Pilot and Key Reminder
Vehicle temperature and temperature alarm featured in the instrument display
Vehicle range always on display in instrument pack
Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes

No temperature reading and only get range by selecting it so sounds like not had the upgrade. Thanks for your help I'll give them a call.
See the list above of the benefit of the comfort 2 update my last post to include the list, it’s very much worth having…

Although it was registered in Sept 2020, the manufacturing date could be way before the June 2020 date MG quote, so the update may not be free.
My car was registered July 2020, but the build date was some time in 2019, but my dealer installed the Comfort 2 free before I picked it up anyway.

Although it was registered in Sept 2020, the manufacturing date could be way before the June 2020 date MG quote, so the update may not be free.
My car was registered July 2020, but the build date was some time in 2019, but my dealer installed the Comfort 2 free before I picked it up anyway.
Good call. It was an ex demo so I'm sure there is a deal to be done. Thanks for your reply

Good call. It was an ex demo so I'm sure there is a deal to be done. Thanks for your reply
Obviously I've not experienced the bongs because the Comfort 2 was already installed, but from what I've heard and seen on YouTube videos about it, it sounds like the update is worth having even if you have to pay for it. I hope you get it for free though. 😉

No temperature reading and only get range by selecting it so sounds like not had the upgrade. Thanks for your help I'll give them a call.
Good Luck.
Threaten to return the car because comfort 2 and all other updates should have been done pre-delivery.

My car was delivered "new" in December and also had the bongs.
As it was on a lease I didn't have any leverage with the "customer service award winning" dealer in Bridgend who said they don't do non mandatory updates.
Even MG head office said it should have had the updates done as part of pre-delivery checks.
As you will pick up in the discussions here, some dealers should not be let near cars.

I ended up paying £102 to get a usable car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom