New owner

Ninjageek

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Previous Nissan Leaf owner and upgraded to an MG ZS EV. Watching a few YouTube videos there appears to have been a few software updates etc. My question is, can anyone provide a list what software updates should the car have had done before it’s delivered in 2 weeks.

Thank you for your help 😁

Hello. I wouldn’t worry too much about this. It’s easy to get wrapped up in what you should/shouldn’t have. My friend had her car delivered this week and all is fine. Just make sure that your MG dealer looks after you. When the cars are pre-delivery inspected they get the recommended updates from MG. I suggest that if you are interested in the software updates and want to find out more - then search this forum there’s lots on here about them. The main two are the battery management system updates (bms) and the comfort 2 update. Enjoy your car.

Updates...
catholic meryl streep GIF

Hello. I wouldn’t worry too much about this. It’s easy to get wrapped up in what you should/shouldn’t have. My friend had her car delivered this week and all is fine. Just make sure that your MG dealer looks after you. When the cars are pre-delivery inspected they get the recommended updates from MG. I suggest that if you are interested in the software updates and want to find out more - then search this forum there’s lots on here about them. The main two are the battery management system updates (bms) and the comfort 2 update. Enjoy your car.
Thank you very much for the response 😁 I will email this over to the dealership tomorrow. I agree with ARealHuman, need stickies for common questions like this

I am new owner too, mine was registered 22.12.20. bought pre-reg and recieved few days ago.
is there a way you can tell what updates it's already had?
I want to avoid the one that limits battery range overtime with charges and may influence how I charge the car.

I specifically asked for the BMS and comfort two update to be completed at the PDI when I collected my car 3 weeks ago, the dealer assured me they'd be done.
Turns out the BMS update wasn't completed, so don't necessarily trust what the dealer says.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom