New owner.

Sam47

Standard Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of my EV on Tuesday. It travelled up on a transporter from Glyn Hopkins in London. Prior to the delivery i did ask for the comfort 2 upgrade to be done. I was assured it would be sorted. On the key fob tab it was hand written ‘update done‘.
i noticed immediately that the temp gauge was missing on the info screen and of course those annoying bongs. I contacted the lease company and they have agreed to fund the comfort 2 upgrade. Nice one.
So, back to the info on the key fob tab. I started to wonder what update was carried out.
We have charge points at work so i decided to charge the car for the first time today. They were installed a good few years back and no one knows the size of KW installed. I did use my type 2 cable. The charge took over 6 hours to full charge which was fine while i was at work, must be 7kw?
But when powering up i had to lock the doors for the charge to start. Again i have to assume the BMS update has not been done.?
i am at a loss what the marked upgrade could be.
Will the dealer charge for the BMS update too?
Not a good start to MGEV ownership!

Attachments

• EE2DA8E3-E31F-450E-930F-779FCB0D74B4.jpeg
    EE2DA8E3-E31F-450E-930F-779FCB0D74B4.jpeg
    616.4 KB · Views: 126
Took delivery of my EV on Tuesday. It travelled up on a transporter from Glyn Hopkins in London. Prior to the delivery i did ask for the comfort 2 upgrade to be done. I was assured it would be sorted. On the key fob tab it was hand written ‘update done‘.
i noticed immediately that the temp gauge was missing on the info screen and of course those annoying bongs. I contacted the lease company and they have agreed to fund the comfort 2 upgrade. Nice one.
So, back to the info on the key fob tab. I started to wonder what update was carried out.
We have charge points at work so i decided to charge the car for the first time today. They were installed a good few years back and no one knows the size of KW installed. I did use my type 2 cable. The charge took over 6 hours to full charge which was fine while i was at work, must be 7kw?
But when powering up i had to lock the doors for the charge to start. Again i have to assume the BMS update has not been done.?
i am at a loss what the marked upgrade could be.
Will the dealer charge for the BMS update too?
Not a good start to MGEV ownership!
Looks good in red though but sort the locking wheel nuts.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom