New phone charging limit

I use the Battery Alarm app on my Samsung. You can set the minimum and maximum state of charge and it tells you when it needs charging and when to unplug. :)

It's in the Play Store and is called Battery Alarm.
Screenshot_20231217_133001.jpg

Ooh, I have quite a new Samsung Galaxy. I wonder whether it has that feature? Can you tell me how to find it?
Under Settings/Battery you should an item Protect Battery - this limits charging to 85%

I have an LG G6 which was their flagship model when launched in 2017. Bought new in 2019 and I charge it every night to 100%. If i miss a day it tells me I should leave it connected so it can do its daily backup. It does not have a replaceable battery & it still holds charge for 24 to 48 hours depending on usage.

LG got out of the mobile phone business a couple of years ago but they have manufactured batteries for quite a long time and still do. It seems their batteries and battery management systems are better than many others.

Last edited by a moderator:
My GalaxyNote4 was complete broken after 3 years with 2 battery changes.

My Huawei Mate10pro works pretty well after 6 years without any battery change. I did not use original fast charger but slow charging to 100% everyday. Battery life is still satisfactory (maybe 50 to 70% SOH) after more than 20k charging cycles.

I would be very pleased if my ZS LR was as good as my Huawei phone's 20k charging cycles. I charge ZS LR once a week. 20k / 52weeks = 40 years battery life? I would happy enough if my ZS is kept for the next 15 years without battery changing.
Got a new phone last week, and blow me if it doesn’t have a soft switch that limits charging to 85% to prolong battery life. :)
Thank gus for your post. I just set my 85% charging limit on my new Galaxy phone. The only reason to replace my phone is security with old Android 10.

Mine is still on Android 10 ... I see no need to upgrade yet. (I could probably root load a later version if I wanted to).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom