New Pod Point chargers @ Tesco...... 50kW šŸ‘

D

Deleted member 2439

Hi all,

Have just got back from doing a shop at our local Tesco in Sleaford & noticed that the much awaited EV charging points are now in place - but not working. There appear to be 5 spaces, with 5 or 6 charge points available. Ok, great - but isnā€™t this of local interest only I hear you say? Well, maybe, BUT a couple of them were 50 kW DC chargers, in addition to the 7kW AC usual ones that Iā€™ve seen at other Tesco locations.

Now then, are they free to use? If so then thatā€™s excellent and would make the trip worthwhile - as Iā€™ve calculated that the ā€œfreeā€ charge on a 7kW charger wonā€™t cover the energy to get me home - given that Iā€˜m usually in there about 20 mins. But ā€freeā€ 50 kW is another matter. On the flip side regular DC charging isnā€™t the best thing to do.

Thoughts/comments please .....

Rob

Need to confirm if they're free... If not then Lidl and Aldi have paid 50kw DC chargers too.

I scoped out my local tesco points a few weeks ago.
You can see it says 27p / kWh on the lcd display.

IMG_3866.JPG
IMG_3867.JPG
IMG_3868.JPG
IMG_3869.JPG
IMG_3870.JPG

Seen more of these chargers popping up around my area on Zap Map. I, too, was initially excited to see rapid chargers at supermarkets until I saw they are nearly double the price of home charging!

Still, if you need to charge you need to charge and with a supermarket on your doorstep you'll certainly not go hungry!

I've seen them at Lidl and Sainsburys (and obviously Tesco), so I'm waiting patiently for Asda, Morrisons and Aldi to get them in as well.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom