New shape MG 5 EV, keyless start different to the manual.

Mr M

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have just taken delivery of a new shape MG 5, unfortunately both keyless keys failed as soon as it was parked on the drive. After after a call to MG they said to start the car place the key in the front cup holder and press the start button, this did not work and they sent out the AA. Over 2hr of trying everything he could think of still no luck. However during this process we found out the actual place to put the key if the keyless function is not working is in the cubbyhole in the armrest, despite what the manual, the national MG call Center and our local MG dealer said. Open the cubbyhole, remove the rubber liner at the bottom, remove the little plastic door at the bottom, and you will see the key holder.

Unfortunately this still did not work, and the car is going back and they are saying it will be 3 weeks until they can look at it. Not the best start in the first 0.5 miles!

Maybe they gave you the wrong keys ! Was the car already in Go mode when you picked it up ?
Maybe the batteries are flat in the fob.
🤷‍♀️

It was, the delivery driver could not get his wagon up our narrow lane so called from the middle of the village, he had driven the car of the wagon by the time I walked around.
The buttons on the fob and the back up key blade work, but not the keyless sensor or the backup chip in the keys. We tried new batteries in the fob and car. Apparently some cars have a transport mode, so they done drain the battery when in transit. Maybe the car worked when it that mode and stopped when it switched modes after driving around the block onto my drive.

It make for some lovely patio furniture through!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom