New Tack!

Frank

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Couldn't help myself, another bling item added, however I would agree most people would find it tacky but I like it, very reminiscent of the Chrysler Badge.

Regards

Frank

Attachments

• mg 2.JPG
    mg 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
  • mg3.JPG
    mg3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
New tack or new tat? I personally don't like it...MG has always been an Octagon...long may it be so.

Never thought of that, but lets face it, in reality it's not really an MG as we know it!!! Could you send me a link of where you bought your LED bulbs please and were they easy to fit (I don't want to muck around if any wiring mods are required to fit them) thanks.

Frank

Attachments

• IMG_8529.JPG
    IMG_8529.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_8530.JPG
    IMG_8530.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 162
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Chris
Did you replace the main and dipped beam bulbs? How do you find them?
Thanks
John

No just plug and play,
The tricky bit is getting the plastic light back covers to 'un-twist", there is a rubber sealing ring that was resistant to start turning to gain access. I put a smear of grease on it on assembly.

I'm no expert, but the light continues to be bright white on main beam and dip..I think the dipping process is mechanical within the light unit.

I did try the process half way through, with one light done, in a semi darkened garage....the difference between the two lights was remarkable.

I have just copied what others have done.....if you look online there is quite a few examples.

At the end of the day, its only £20 for the bulbs and ten minutes work...that is fully reversible ...if needs be.

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

What is the benefit of the led beams, is it only the looks or does it have other benefits?

Thanks in advance.

Clement

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom